0JbUP-skb7E
I_ifm_Vg5uY

tunghaichuan
July 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Yes, Robert. Yes they can.

tung

R_of_G
July 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
once upon a time, they sure could. certainly back in the day, nobody brought the real Funk quite like they did.

as for the more recent incarnations, i saw them in 2002 and again in 2005. what a difference three years makes. 2002 was a monster show. the Funk was thick and deep and everyone played their parts perfectly, all locked into the groove. 2005 was one of the sloppiest sets i've seen by any band and clinton was not into it at all and had no voice. it was awful.

still, the real p/funk, classic p/funk is like nothing else. i love those albums and i still listen to them all the time.

sumitomo
July 20th, 2009, 01:44 PM
In that 1st one it looks like pinocchio (with the cowboy hat)has been lieing up a storm again or someone gettin funky and strappin' a dildo on their nose Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
July 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
or what :D

still, the real p/funk, classic p/funk is like nothing else. i love those albums and i still listen to them all the time.

:AOK:love that funk.

tunghaichuan
July 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that Jayson. I guess nothing lasts forever. :(

tung

once upon a time, they sure could. certainly back in the day, nobody brought the real Funk quite like they did.

as for the more recent incarnations, i saw them in 2002 and again in 2005. what a difference three years makes. 2002 was a monster show. the Funk was thick and deep and everyone played their parts perfectly, all locked into the groove. 2005 was one of the sloppiest sets i've seen by any band and clinton was not into it at all and had no voice. it was awful.

Robert
July 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Well, back in the 70s, these boys sure could funk like there was no tomorrow. Man, what a band! Both Parliament and Funkadelic could tear the roof of that sucka!

Tone2TheBone
July 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Agreed. Loved them in high school.

R_of_G
July 20th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that Jayson. I guess nothing lasts forever. :(

tung

i do have a friend who saw them recently and said it was good so maybe the show i saw was an anomaly. the 2002 show really was awesome.

marnold
July 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
We need the funk. We gotta have that funk.

SharkUSMC
July 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Well you can only do drugs for so long before they take some kind of toll...

birv2
July 21st, 2009, 10:54 AM
You've gotta love that combination of scifi and funk!
:bravo:

Bob