PDA

View Full Version : 'harrier' telecaster?

ibanezjunkie
July 21st, 2009, 08:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARRIER-MISTRAL-in-Ice-White-TL_W0QQitemZ370166819004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musi cal_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item562fa968bc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1688%7C 293%3A4%7C294%3A50

was trolling through ebay, finding mostly the normal stuff you find when you search 'telecaster': squiers, USAs, MiMs and the like when i found this.

another chinese copy, which i cant find anything on. i found a HC review on the companys strat copy, and the pickups (alnico) that they use are supposedly good and well grounded.

what you guys think? im guessing it will have a pretty lousy factory setup, but im friendly with some of the best guitar techs in the area, so no worries there.

deeaa
July 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM
I suspect it's like they say 'there's no such a thing as a free lunch'...hard to believe for that kind of money you'd get anything even remotely useable.

I've bought a couple of the real POS cheapos i.e. Harley Benton and such, and in each case I've been able to use 2-3 parts of the guitar while the rest was pure crap. Last time I could use the body which was quite nice wood and the pickguard with its screws...and a part of the bridge. Everything else, quite literally, was not worth wasting time with. You could play it, yeah, but why bother eating cold porridge when you can also get a good warm meal for a li'l more. Pickups were maybe useable but I always put EMG's in my axes anyway so they hardly matter. I don't want guitars to sound different, I want all my axes sound the same. Who needs more than one basic sound anyway, huh? ;-)

In favor of it I find most, even really bad guitars, always have a song or two in them. Certain pickup just works in a nice way for a certain riff, neck curve makes you hold the hand differently...in any case, whenever I pick up a new guitar I also come up with new riffs.

ibanezjunkie
July 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
i was just reading through the guys feedback, and all the people who bought these 'Harrier Mistral' guitars seem very happy with them, the only negative feedback they have is for slow delivery and such, and one fella said about a damaged item.

ibanezjunkie
July 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
i messaged the guy asking how comparable these guitars are to fenders and i got this back...

Hi Jak, bit difficult to answer. If we say it's better you may not beleive us thinking that we are biased. If we say it's not as good you will think that we do not beleive in our own guitars.
all we can say is that we take a lot of time qand effort to find the right guitar makers to ensure we are able to offer the best value for money that we can. And that we do not charge extra for a fancy brand name.

Kind Regards

Pat

paul250
November 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hi, what did you think of the harrier mistral? anygood? im thinking of getting one and like you ive seen some good comments from people who bought one but no in depth review

cheers

Paul