PDA

View Full Version : just ordered 'Harrier Mistral' telecaster copy.

ibanezjunkie
July 21st, 2009, 01:10 PM
another chinese made tele copy, off ebay for under £80. Im not expecting anything great, but the feedback they have on their ebay shop is pretty promising, no one seems to say their guitars are rubbish.

extremely attractive all-ice-white telecaster with a maple fretboard.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/18/df/9a1d_1_b.JPG

Rampant
July 21st, 2009, 01:21 PM
That's a very pretty guitar at a reasonable price!

Let us know how she feels and sounds, will ya?

Cheerz dude

ibanezjunkie
July 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
will do :AOK:

Kazz
July 22nd, 2009, 04:31 AM
Ib.....tell me...how much in US dollars does that L80 come out to be? LMAO

Assuming I could get one of those in the states I would be all over it. inexpensive yes...but it has the standard Fender headstock design that you usually do not see on clones other than Squier. A few upgrades and you might have a winner for very little bread....or is that bread pudding for you Red Coats LOL.

(No offense meant....just giving you a hard time)

ibanezjunkie
July 22nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
no offense meant? none taken :D

and £80 is $130 just about.

once it arrives (courier delivery - shouldnt be long) ill assess what needs to be replaced and do the neccessary work. i expect to be putting in some twang kings eventually, or some fender vintage noiseless. maybe a new bridgeplate and maybe have to get the frets levelled if theres some dodgy jobs on there.

but even with the extra work and expense, ill have a better than MiM fender tele for about the same price maybe less.

ibanezjunkie
July 23rd, 2009, 03:26 AM
just came this morning, first impressions.

wow what a lovely lookin' bit of gear!

only weird thing is the bridge, whereas most teles have a string-thru-body setup, the strings are mounted in the bridge. theres a little fret buzz but nothing too bad, since this is for playing rhythm guitar anyway its not a big deal. Pickups are alright, nothing special. It has moderately low action, but could be a bit lower i think. ill elaborate more once i get playing for a bit.

Kazz
July 23rd, 2009, 04:44 AM
What style of music will you be playing with this?

ibanezjunkie
July 23rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
blues, fingerpicked/acoustic based, boarderline rock, distorted rock.

it does it fairly well too, works well with the mesa/boogie recto model on the floorpod.