PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Pitch pitch

Robert
July 22nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Remember this guy? He has changed his look over the years... I remember these ads from when I was a teenager, and these ads for this course still show up in guitar magazines, except the dude is older. :)

http://soundtempest.net/soc/imgswf/Perfect%20Pitch.png

People are clearly interested in this, but perfect pitch is not that useful really. What matters is relative pitch - meaning the ability to hear intervals perfectly. To learn that, you practice listening to intervals and transcribe music. Perfect Pitch has little to do with all this, but could be very useful if you make a living tuning pianos or can't afford to buy a tuner (or the tuner just broke) ... otherwise I don't see the point with it. :poke:

duhvoodooman
July 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
That is without a doubt, the worst model pose and facial expression I have ever seen. Makes me want to run screaming out of the room....

Robert
July 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Should have the slogan "with this piano, I DO get screaming solos! :D

hubberjub
July 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I was actually given the perfect pitch course when I was about 15 or 16. I don't think I even opened it. The bassist in my band has a relative pitch course that he put out. He likes it. And I aggree with Robert that relative pitch is more important than perfect pitch.

sumitomo
July 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Man I'm glad someone else thinks that dude is strange also,all these years and I have never said nothing to anyone about it.But I always thought man that smile,that dude is demonic or something evil.Sumi:D

Robert
July 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
"They Laughed When I Said They Could Have Perfect Pitch" ... yeah if you look that wacky when you play piano, I'm not surprised they laughed! :)

MichaelE
July 22nd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Is that Donny Osmond's brother? :whatever:

marnold
July 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Is that Donny Osmond's brother? :whatever:
You beat me to it. It looked like an Osmond fresh back from being "indoctrinated." Or picked up by some of t0t's friends.

Kazz
July 23rd, 2009, 04:39 AM
Is that Piano Face? No thanks I will stick to guitar.

Monkus
July 23rd, 2009, 05:15 AM
Should have the slogan "with this piano, I DO get screaming solos!

phiano ????? :rotflmao:

Jimi75
July 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Who doesn't remember these ads? I was a few times right before buying the cassettes. Back in the 80's it was complicated getting stuff from the USA, so I never ordered the pitch program.

stingx
July 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
"They Laughed When I Said They Could Have Perfect Pitch" ... yeah if you look that wacky when you play piano, I'm not surprised they laughed! :)

You ever notice how "wacky" Billy Joel looks behind a piano? He himself was so self-conscious of it he often refused to be recorded for videos.