PDA

View Full Version : Jake E. Lee

pes_laul
July 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSNuIzw9VfU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSNuIzw9VfU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You know he's always been the guitarist from ozzy no one really talked about. but if you really think about it dang this guy can play:dude:

nice divebombds without a tremolo:AOK:

makes me wanna bust out my charvel and start shredding:rockon:

tunghaichuan
July 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
I always wanted an custom shop ESP strat like he had.

I saw Ozzy back in 1981. Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago. I belive it was Brad Gillis filling in for Randy Rhodes at the time.

I never did get see Ozzy with Jake E. Lee. Wish I could have though.

tung

Jimi75
July 23rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
One of the guitarplayers that inspired me to play guitar. To me Jake E. Lee was Ozzy's best guitar player.

Kazz
July 23rd, 2009, 04:34 AM
I seen Ozzy with Jake E playing back in 1986. I can remember that mainly because I had just graduated Highschool...and Metallica was the opening act....however on that fateful day in Evansville Indiana.....James Hetfield was doing what a lot of boys would do.....he was being a boy....and had a skateboard. The show was at Mesker Ampitheatre which from where I lived, I could have heard the show from our deck...but I went because I loved me some Ozzy...and I loved me some Metallica even more.....well Metallica could not play that night...because James fell down while skating down the hills at Mesker and broke his arm. I was ticked off that I would not get to hear Ride The Lightning live.....As show time approached.....since this is an outdoor venue.....you could see Ozzy get off the tour bus.....already hammered, he fell down the steps of his bus. It was pretty hilarious...as I thought well now the show will be canceled.....Ozzy came out on stage himself.....apologized to the crowd and said that earlier in the day James Hetfield guitar player and singer for Metallica had broken his arm....they would regretfully be unable to play for us that night.......Ozzy played for 3 hours straight to make sure we got our monies worth....and Jake E was en fuego (on fire) that night. Sure Jake E was just a replacement for Randy Rhodes but Jake E was awesome in his own right....and far too many fail to give credit where it is due....that boy can play.

Sadly it was 2 months and 1 day later that Cliff Burton would die tragically. I did finally get to see Metallica several years later....they played Ride The Lightning for me.......but there was no Cliff Burton....Metallica would never be the same. To be fair...Jason Newsted is pretty damned awesome in his own.....but he is no Cliff Burton.

marnold
July 23rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Jake E. Lee is awesome; I like his stuff with Ozzy and Badlands.

R.B. Huckleberry
August 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Jake's work in Badlands is some of my all-time favorite plating and guitar tones!

FrankenFretter
August 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
I did get a chance to see Jake play during the Seattle stop on the Bark at the Moon tour. Great show. To me, Jake would always be a shadow of Randy, but I'm pretty biased. He did put on a great show. That was the one and only time I ever caught Ozzy live.

marnold
August 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
To me, Jake would always be a shadow of Randy, but I'm pretty biased. He did put on a great show. That was the one and only time I ever caught Ozzy live.
Randy's in a league of his own, so that's no slight to Jake. Other than the fact that they both played for Ozzy they're quite different guitarists.

FrankenFretter
August 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Randy's in a league of his own, so that's no slight to Jake. Other than the fact that they both played for Ozzy they're quite different guitarists.

Agreed. Well spoken, Rev.

R.B. Huckleberry
August 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Jake has a lot more American blues to his playing. Randy had a "European" style (which really is that classical melodic thing he had going on. I hear that in guitarists like Schenker).

They were apples & oranges.

Honestly, because of the Badlands albums...I prefer Jake. His tone on that first Badlands album destroys any tone on an Ozzy album up to that point, In my opinion, of course.

mrmudcat
August 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Well I dont know about american/european style but R.R was classically trained by his mom to a certain extent and also taught that style I believe.

As for Ozzy and Jake I set up staging for a monsters of rock tour sometime in the 80's in lynn mass I believe:dude: (lynn lynn the city of sin you never come back the way ya went in;) )

Ozzy was a complete butthole drunk as hell and would not come out to the bbq they had before the concert for us riggers.Boy that made me mad at the time all these other bands came and ate burgers and thanked us but not Ozzy!!(must of thought he was beyond that or he was just plain f-upped:thwap:

Jake E LEE carried the band that day he rocked!!!:rockon:

I had tickets to see Ozzy and Randy in Florida I think but of course that was cancelled with his death :cry: