PDA

View Full Version : Modded my...

deeaa
July 22nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Pedalboard.

It's small but I finally decided I AM going to fit all my necessary pedals onto it, and it worked with just some woodworking.
Here's a picture...

http://deeaa.pp.fi/pedalboard09.jpg

Tight, huh :-)

Kazz
July 23rd, 2009, 04:47 AM
How do you like the Demon Wah?

deeaa
July 23rd, 2009, 05:20 AM
It's quite OK; it's much 'neater' than a CryBaby, more like a Morley...I'd prefer a Crybaby for sound, but the Demon has VERY good controls and I absolutely need a wah that activates when pressed. So I like it well. Doesn't screech like a crybaby, but I play very little lead so it's a good compromise.

Before anyone asks, briefly: BBE is always on, pretty mild setting but clarifies things up real nice.

Jackhammer I use seldomly, just when I need a marshall bite OD it's very good for that, for single/two string riffs. One of the best pedals (OD mode) for Marshall sound.

Compressor is almost always on, and it sends the already crunchy Ceriatone into good overdrive naturally. Marshall's ED is great because it allows to set compression differently to low and high sounds and doesn't simply 'suck' and lower volume like traditional compressors. It's a tad noisy but I don't know other pedal comps that do 'multiband' compression...makes the high notes scream but doesn't clutter up and make the low end sucky.

RevBoost is for melodic leads; a little more drive and some verb to make melodies stand out.