PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Disaster

Jimi75
July 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
So many reasons why I have never get a tattoo are pictured on the below mentioned site.

Just scroll down on the main page to let the disaster start.
http://www.tattoodisasters.com/

:thwap:

Robert
July 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
I have been thinking about a tattoo... but those like pretty bad!

pes_laul
July 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
eesh. (though that six pack one did crack me up)

sumitomo
July 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
OH MAN!!!Some of those are REALLY bad,in a bad way and a couple were really funny.Sumi:D

Tig
July 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
I "own" just two. Both are well done by an excellent artist, and are never visible during work. Something perminant should be of the very best quality you can find.

Then there are the ink people that don't consider the future, like cycling pro David Clinger, who used to be in love with the Indonesian culture (last I heard, we was getting laser removal sessions).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wb8bAl1P-N0/R_vF1_zi2pI/AAAAAAAAB9Y/zlv7O0xYjRg/s400/david+clinger.jpg

It gets worse...

http://www.tattoofever.net/images/bad%20tattoo.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/heavymeta/bad_tattoo_10.jpg

marnold
July 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Those fall really into two categories: a) those that are poorly done and b) those that are done decently but are terrible nonetheless. In the ones that Tig posted, the second one falls into the first category (although I would think that that would be very difficult to do) and the other two fall into the second. Although I will add that the skeleton looks more fruity than menacing.

Geraint Jones
July 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Think long and hard about it , like my mate says' its like waking up for the rest of your life with the same t shirt on' .

deeaa
July 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Yea those be bad ones...I like tats myself...but I prefer to draw/design them myself and have meanings. I have some texts that mean something to me etc. and some iconografphic designs of my own...my son's names...it's still just a tad unfinished, though, one arm and the chest is still missing some color/stuff. But not much.

My rules are: never where it won't be covered with a T-shirt, never stuff you pick out of some ready designs.

There are loads of people I know never even suspect I have tats, and it's cool that way. I don't usually walk around showing 'em, although for rock gigs I often/usually show 'em. It's more for me than others.

If I turn a millionaire, when I'm real old I would have a virtual T-shirt of tats I'm sure...but after I get this current set finished next winter I doubt I will be quick to get more. I promised I'd get 'DVC' on my back if I win one IPSC match one day though...

sumitomo
July 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Ah come on now one brave soul needs to get With this amph I get no screaming solos tacked on their back.Come on now step right up,maybe a young guy so they can carry the message into the future.Sumi:D

R_of_G
July 23rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
i currently have five of them and couldn't be happier with the work on all of them. three are in very visible places on my arms unless i wear a long sleeve shirt and since this is florida, i don't often wear a long sleeve shirt.

it's all a matter of knowing what you want and going to someone who knows what they're doing. you can never do enough research on an artist that is going to be putting something permanent on your body. i took my time and chose wisely and i am happy with the results and looking forward to getting more work done over the years.

just strum
July 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
I had cheap ones ("home made" for lack of a better term), but had them removed.

Even if I had a good artist, I tend to grow bored of things (27 guitars in 2.5 years is a good example), so wearing the same t-shirt for years is not a good idea for me.

I will say that good ones look cool and those are the ones that get me thinking about doing it, but nope, never again.

Kazz
July 23rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Strum has commitment issues.