PDA

View Full Version : Fret.Net member's own sig model . . .

Nelskie
August 20th, 2006, 09:03 AM
The latest MF catalog came in yesterday's mail, and since it was such a beautiful afternoon, I decided to leaf through it while enjoying an icy cold beverage out on the deck. A few flips through the guitar section, and what do my eyes behold . . . the Hagstrom Super Swede!! :cool:

Anyways, I'm not sure if our Super Swede wanted to let the "cat out of the bag" about his own sig model, but I thought everyone on FN would enjoy a peek at it . . . ;) It's a very nice-looking guitar, too. Here's a link to it on the Hagstrom web site:

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/superswede.html

PS - sssshhhhhhh!!!! - Don't tell the folks at Hagstrom that SS just bought a new Shecter!! He'll lose his endorsement deal.

warren0728
August 20th, 2006, 09:09 AM
nice....hey ss...can you get me a deal on one of the bursts....sweet :DR

SuperSwede
August 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Well, I didnt want to brag toooo much :D

As a matter of fact, I took my nick from that guitar. A very nice guitar indeed!

Hagström is not owned/produced in sweden anymore, but the old models built here was really good (Mr Gibbons usually chimes in to MUG in gothenburg to see if they have got a few more old hagströms.)

From the hagström museum page:

The Super Swede came in 1977 and was developed from the Swede and among other extras it had a so called “zerofret”. The tone switch had also disappeared and was replaced by a switch which split the pickups. The body became lighter with a sharper edge. According to Stephen Delft the microphones had also changed somewhat, from a more ”HiFi” sound to a sound which lies nearer to the American ”high-output” humbuckers. Sometime during 1977 or 1978 they began to glue the on-screwed necks on all the Swede guitars for better endurance.

Want to know more, check out this page from the Albin Hagström museum.
http://www.albinhagstrom.se/

Justaguyin_nc
August 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
That is a very good looking guitar... only bad thing anyone says is the headstock you either like it or don't.. I like it.. really like the Vintage Sunburst ... I was just going all over the net to see the price and colors.. $549.00 seems like a good deal to me and the reviews are all positive...I have never heard of Hagstrom before and with one by Super Swede it gotta play nice.. Swede push your line bro!!! that's why they pay you the big bucks..:) Was the Schecter that much nicer? Seeing I can't find a nice cheap single Humbucker guitar for jazz.. maybe this will let me try a LP type again for high gain and some blues.. LesPauls just don't sit right for me and I am always sitting... Only Humbucker I got at all is on the squier51 now.. wonder if this one has a little bit bigger body to it than a lp? it's a sweet looking swede.. can't find one with blonde hair and blue eyes or I would buy her.. nice find Nelskie

SuperSwede
August 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ok justa... The Hagström gives you the Sweedest Sound you´ll ever find...

I have tried the newer Hagströms (made in korea?) and they were really not that nice if you compare it to the old originals. The Super Swede (not the standard Swede) has coil tap as standard.

Justaguyin_nc
August 20th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Ok justa... The Hagström gives you the Sweedest Sound you´ll ever find...

heh... here is a video from Ben curtis and the secret machines playing a white swede... http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/secretmachines/060806/sm_all-at-once_450.wvx sounds pretty good to me... although the video gets me dizzy...;)

SuperSwede
August 21st, 2006, 12:04 AM
Very dizzy video.. So your into the market for a blonde swede now ? ;)

Tone2TheBone
August 21st, 2006, 09:10 AM
SS - I noticed that name on the Hangstrom ad way back. I figured thats where you got your moniker from.

Tinky-Winky
August 21st, 2006, 01:40 PM
Wow! This forum must have the most celebrities on it!

Justaguyin_nc
August 21st, 2006, 02:49 PM
So your into the market for a blonde swede now ? ;)

Well, I just try to have a positive attitude about all gear...:)

Actually, I think I am going to be content for a bit in the guitar arena.. I do really like the looks of the superswede guitar though.. Maybe another amp (Valve Jr.) and speaker cab is in my near(1-3 months) future but thats about it.. I still have a hohner st-scorpion I have to find a bridge for or gut for parts onto a strat copy (hmmm s/s/h tap emgs) and have enough to keep me busy learning on for awhile..

marnold
August 21st, 2006, 09:43 PM
So your into the market for a blonde swede now ? ;)
Ummm, isn't everyone?