PDA

View Full Version : metronome?

tunghaichuan
July 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
My metronome is old and crappy and I'm looking for a new one.

I'm looking at the Boss DB-30 and DB-60. Anyone have any experience with these?

Any other brands/models to check out?

tung

Robert
July 24th, 2009, 09:51 AM
The DB-60 is cool. Tap tempo is very useful.

The Quik Time is simpler and cheap, but works good too.

Remember, you can click on the Zzounds ad and buy from there, then this place gets a commission!

See Metronomes at Zzounds (http://www.zzounds.com/a--885181/cat--Metronomes--2384).

tunghaichuan
July 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
The DB-60 is cool. Tap tempo is very useful.

The Quik Time is simpler and cheap, but works good too.

Remember, you can click on the Zzounds ad and buy from there, then this place gets a commission!

See Metronomes at Zzounds (http://www.zzounds.com/a--885181/cat--Metronomes--2384).

:AOK:

I was leaning towards the DB-30, but the DB-60 is cool. Thanks for the reminder on Zzounds. I was going to order from Sweetwater as they have free shipping, but so does Zzounds. I'll definitely order from them through the Fret when it comes time to purchase a metronome.

tung

Robert
July 24th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thankee-sai! Long days and pleasant nights.

just strum
July 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM
:AOK:

I was leaning towards the DB-30, but the DB-60 is cool. Thanks for the reminder on Zzounds. I was going to order from Sweetwater as they have free shipping, but so does Zzounds. I'll definitely order from them through the Fret when it comes time to purchase a metronome.

tung

It has only taken me two+ years before I started using one and my instructor is pushing me to use it more. Outside of click, click, click, what do either of these have to offer that would be beneficial to me? Looking for serious response.

marnold
July 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
The things I like about my Korg MA-30 are that you can tap tempo and do triplet/shuffle time.

just strum
July 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
The things I like about my Korg MA-30 are that you can tap tempo and do triplet/shuffle time.

what is tap tempo?

marnold
July 24th, 2009, 07:30 PM
what is tap tempo?
I can punch a button in rhythm with whatever song I'm trying to learn and then have the metronome play at that speed. It's easier than trying to guesstimate it by entering a particular BPM directly. Same basic idea as a tap tempo on a delay pedal, etc.

pes_laul
July 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I have a zoom rhythmtrak drum machine that has a really nice metronome on it with a ton of different time sigs and all that good stuff.

and yes tap tempo is an awesome thing (that is if you have somewhat good rhythm)