PDA

View Full Version : BBE Sonic Stomp and AD**VT

TS808
August 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Just got a BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer for my Vox AD100VT. I haven't tried it yet on my H & K Edition.

The BBE Sonic Stomp was designed specifically for guitar. It's not to be confused with the rackmount BBE Sonic Maximizer which many put into their PA's.

So far this stomp has really added a sweet dimension to the amp. Although BBE recommends you run it as your last pedal in your signal chain, I've also put it directly in the effects loop. So far the results have been pleasing.

This pedal really does a nice job of cleaning up the muddiness of the bottom end and tightens it pretty well, while also really correcting the phase of the bass responses. The process effect also adds some brilliance to the highs.

Strange pedal. The effect is pretty subtle and you really don't notice the difference until you switch it off. It's not a compressor nor is it an EQ. It somehow corrects the phase of the bass and the treble so it should sound like it's supposed to. The only word of "caution" is that if you dime the knobs or use too much effect, it does begin to sound a bit over-processed. A number of folks had recommended this on the Line 6 forum, so I gave it a shot with the Valvetronix.

Sweeeeet is all I can say.

tot_Ou_tard
December 31st, 2006, 08:59 AM
Well looky what I found in the archives.

TS808 are you still around? Any updates on the BBE sonic stomp?