PDA

View Full Version : Hello in There... a John Prine cover

baldgit
July 24th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I've been playing my old D-28 alot since it came back from surgery (neck reset,new bridge, crack repairs) old guitar + old guy = old song :) here's the link... http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7873892

Heywood Jablomie
July 24th, 2009, 04:08 PM
A really good song and a very good performance. Bravo!

evenkeel
July 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Nicely done. Prine is a genius and you do the tune proud. :bravo: :beer:

bigG
July 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Dan, simply beautiful! You done John and his song proud, my friend...

John Prine's been one of my favorites since the 70s, and the release of that first self-titled album. Every song on there is a masterpiece. Not to belittle his latter work, but, to my mind, his best album ever, and I have 'em all. In fact, I'd say one of the best albums ever, by anyone. A little three-piece acoustic band I was in in the early 80s covered "Flag Decal" and "Paradise" every night, to a raucous crowd sing-along in an old cut n shoot bar where we were the house band. Broke my heart when ol' Stevie Goodman passed away.

You have a great talent, Dan...pickin', singin' and choosing songs to cover. I'd love to hear more of your work if you've a mind to post somemore. I sure hope so!

Thanks for this marvelous treat, and for sharing it with us! Sorry to go on so much, but you really touched my heart and struck some great memories with this one! Again, much thanks and a truly great post!

G

baldgit
July 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Thank You all for listening....and your very kind comments.....Dan

tjcurtin1
July 28th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Just plain Beautiful... thanks!