PDA

View Full Version : Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II Demo with MK guitar

Robert
July 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I recorded this in my office. The walls are empty so I'm noticing the sound has perhaps a tad much of that "natural" reverb.

I forgot to mention in the video that I was only using Silicon clipping mode. The other ones are Lift - no signal clipping, and MOSFET clipping, but I did not use any of them on this video.

Duhvoodooman's product page - http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/diy_effects_image_select_2.html

YvYaErlz1fY

marnold
July 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Nice demo of the pedal. Even though my Thesis 96 doesn't have the option for switching the boost, I don't think I'll miss it. Of course, you can make just about any piece of gear sound cool.

Kazz
July 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM
sweet......great playing as alwasy Robert.

SuperSwede
July 26th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Excellent sounds Robert! You only use your video camera to capture the sounds?

Robert
July 26th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks! Yes, just my video camera, which has a DM-100 microphone attached.

SuperSwede
July 26th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks! Yes, just my video camera, which has a DM-100 microphone attached.

Sounds way better than my built in webcam and mic!! In my clip the sound fades in and out and sounds like a bad phaser pedal..

Nice playing as usual :)

Radioboy950
July 26th, 2009, 08:13 AM
That sounds nice and full, Robert.
One of those clips I wanted to replay to pick up the little nuances that make it unique sounding.
"Boost on-after" is spectacular and would be quite addicting.:beer:
Is the boost a feature of the amph or a pedal?
Appreciate your work, thanks.

Robert
July 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys, the boost feature is one of the really cool things about this pedal. DVM can also answer any technical questions, since he built the darn thing! :)

duhvoodooman
July 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Very nice, Robert!! You did my ZYS Mark II proud there! Great crunchy sounds from that MK guitar. :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

"Boost on-after" is spectacular and would be quite addicting. :beer: Is the boost a feature of the amph or a pedal?
The boost is built right into the BYOC Overdrive 2 kit upon which the ZYS Mark II is based. I add the modification (among others) of a switch that allows you to put the boost either before or after the overdrive. You can read all about the ZYS Mark II HERE (http://www.duhvoodooman.com/musical/zys/ZYS%20Mark%20II.pdf).....