PDA

View Full Version : Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II Demo with Suhr Classic

Robert
July 26th, 2009, 08:22 AM
The king of tube screamers - the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mk II! :D

This pedal is built by our friend DuhVoodooMan, and this pedal ROX! :D

Here is a PDF with a detailed description of the ZYS Mk II.
(http://www.duhvoodooman.com/musical/zys/ZYS%20Mark%20II.pdf)
Hd59URhPAWE

duhvoodooman
July 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Very nice!! Gotta love the uber-Strat tones of your Suhr together with the ZYS Mark II. The overdrive sounded great, and the boost really added some great sparkle to the clean sounds there at the end. Super clip, RR! :bravo: :beer: :master:

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Got one coming!! Yeaah! :happy It is going to sound sweet with both my Peavey and the Fender Concert! :AOK :AOK

duhvoodooman
February 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
:socool Don't look now, but I think SVL is just a little bit excited! BTW, Steve--yours will be S/N 020, the 19th ZYS Mk II I'll have built (there was no S/N 013, since I didn't want a customer to feel "jinxed").

Ch0jin
February 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Not bad at all!

I actually really dug the simple boost at the end of the clip, it really rounded out the sound. A lot more transparent than the clean boost mod in my ITS8 is at present.

DVM, I'd have made the 013 personally. Nice black paint job with a great big 13 on it and sell it as a special edition, maybe for Halloween or something ;) Then again I've only built myself 10 pedals to date so I'm a little way off the lucky 13th :)

MAXIFUNK
February 11th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I may be in need of them real soon if things go as I plan this weekend.
Sounds great will work real great with my strats!!!!

Who does sound with an LP?

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM

Check this!

YvYaErlz1fY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYaErlz1fY

MAXIFUNK
February 12th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks,
SVL

duhvoodooman
February 12th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Sounds great will work real great with my strats!!!!

Sounds great with EVERYTHING!! :dude :happy :rockon:

Seriously, I play it with single coils, humbuckers, and P90's and it sounds great with all of them. Haven't tried super-high gain ceramic humbuckers or active pickups with it, but that's about it. I've had MANY of my ZYS customers tell me it's the best TS-style overdrive they've ever played. And the Mark II model with the separate onboard boost adds a whole new dimension of flexibility to the pedal....

sunvalleylaw
February 24th, 2010, 06:38 PM
:socool Don't look now, but I think SVL is just a little bit excited! BTW, Steve--yours will be S/N 020, the 19th ZYS Mk II I'll have built (there was no S/N 013, since I didn't want a customer to feel "jinxed").

Yup, just a little excited. Here is a work in progress, ultimate gut shot I received from DVM!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/SVL_PCB.jpg

Due to my Libra-ishness that made it hard for me to decide on the boost option, He is "socketing" input and output caps so I can try the MOSFET Boost, and then try the standard boost if I want. DVM the Pedal King, making my ZYS, Mk. II Whopper my way! :AOK

sunvalleylaw
March 8th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Mine got here today. I love it so far!! Thanks DVM!