PDA

View Full Version : OK to Leave Pedals Plugged In?

marnold
July 27th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Just a quick question for you pedal/electronics gurus out there. Right now I've got my guitar feeding into my fuzz and then into the Thesis 96 and finally into the amp. I've got both pedals plugged into a 1-Spot. Is is safe to leave those plugged in at all times, assume the pedals are switched off when not in use? I'm talking about normal conditions here, not concerns about power spikes, etc.

duhvoodooman
July 27th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Yes, it's fine. I leave mine plugged in all the time. It leaves the effect circuits energized even when the pedal is "off", but this is all solid state componentry and low voltages/tiny current draws and doesn't seem to hurt anything. You can always just plug into a power strip and shut that off between uses, but I don't bother and have yet to run into any problems at all.

markb
July 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
For most pedals, if there's a plug in the adapter socket and no power coming through it, the pedals will be turned off as there's nothing to power the circuitry. The AC plug disconnects the battery. You might want to test this just in case.