PDA

View Full Version : New intro first forum

BlueDog
July 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I'm a late starter for guitar started at 45 now I'm the big five o. I mostly play acoustics but have some electrics. I play mostly around the house, but also love playing and singing around a good camp fire with friends. I'm also new to forums this being my first one I thouht it would be a good way to get advise and help with my playing and guitar questions. One thing I should say is once I started playing I've aquired a large collection of guitars so I won't even try to list them all. Enjoy camping fishing from my kayak and almost every other outdoor hobby you can think of . Music I like is Americana and rock I alsodo some flatpicking. So hi everyone hope to get to know all of you thanks.

Robert
July 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Welcome BlueDog, good to have you here.

FrankenFretter
July 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Welcome, BlueDog! I am a late re-starter (re-started at 42, I'm 44 now), and I can tell you that you're not alone here. Glad to have you here. I'm taking a long needed vacation next month, and bringing my acoustic along for the campfire. I'm not a kayaker, but do a bit of canoeing now and then.

Again, welcome aboard!

-Sean

Spudman
July 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Howdy and welcome. Let us know if we can help with anything.

evenkeel
July 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the group. :bravo: :beer:

just strum
July 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Started when you were 45 and now you are 50 - hell, you're just a pup. A lot of late starters here. I started when I was 52, but hanging around here, I am now about 17 or an immature 55.

I've gone through a lot of guitars in that short time, so I can relate.

I think you are going to enjoy it here and you sound like a good fit or good fretter.

SuperSwede
July 28th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Welcome welcome....

bigG
July 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Welcome aboard! :beer:

Monkus
July 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Good to have ya !!! Lotsa great people and timely help !!! :AOK:

Perfect Stranger
July 28th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Welcome....kick off your shoes...stay awhile!

Geraint Jones
July 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hello BlueDog , stay away from here it`s bad for your bank balance.

Brian Krashpad
July 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Welcome Blue Dog!

You a Southerner?

MichaelE
July 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the site!

oldguy
July 28th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Welcome to TheFret.Net! Glad you joined us here.:)

tot_Ou_tard
July 29th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Welcome Blue Dog!

You a Southerner? He's an Alnico speaker from Weber.

Welcome! I started when I was 44. I am 48 now.

MAXIFUNK
August 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome to Group!

duhvoodooman
August 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Welcome to The Fret, BD! Glad to have you with us. :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

Rampant
August 19th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Greetings Mr BlueDog.

I thought I was a "late starter" at twenty-seventeen! But look around here and other forums and you'll find a whole heap more people taking guitar up in their fifties (sorry, I meant thirty-twenties. Or is it twenty-thirties? :D)

I've been playing for less than a year and find these forums can be a fantastic resource for knowledge and advice :)

So welcome to the fret dot net

Cheerz

Mark H

mrmudcat
August 19th, 2009, 05:46 AM
welcome!!:beer:

sunvalleylaw
August 19th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Welcome! I was a late starter too and there are plenty of us here. This is a great place to be. Make sure you look through the index, and use the search features (use both the google and forum based ones as they can deliver different results) for things you are interested in. Lots of good info, and lots of links to great lessons including a bunch by Robert, and Mark Wein.