PDA

View Full Version : Gone fer holidays...

Robert
July 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Behave, you kids! I'm gone on holidays for a few days. I'm on a Death Quest again - The Canadian Death Race (http://www.canadiandeathrace.com/)!

:pancake:

For nearly a decade, elite racers have come here to cheat Death in one of the world's toughest adventure races. The 125 km course begins and ends on a 4200 foot plateau, passes over three mountain summits and includes 17,000 feet of elevation change and a major river crossing at the spectacular Hell's Gate canyon at the confluence of the Smoky and Sulphur Rivers. During the August long weekend each year, extreme athletes, individually and in relays, push themselves to the limits of their endurance against the breathtaking background of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Each year, well-trained and totally committed, they battle heat, cold, altitude and themselves. There are no big cash prizes for winning: finishing is hard enough. And the bragging rights are priceless…
R

pes_laul
July 27th, 2009, 09:22 PM
dude I envy you I can barely run a mile without just about dying

Robert
July 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
dude I envy you I can barely run a mile without just about dying

I guess it makes it the Death Race for you too then! :D

Spudman
July 28th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Are you doing this solo or with a team? If you do it solo can I have your guitars?

SuperSwede
July 28th, 2009, 02:18 AM
You can have his strat copy Spud, I can take the rest :D

ibanezjunkie
July 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM
death race? more like overkill race.

im with Pes on that one, im lucky if i make a mile.

not unfit...just lazy. LAZY.

sunvalleylaw
July 30th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Have a good break and race Robert! I am just back from holiday myself, went to Hood Canal/Gig Harbor/Tacoma to visit the saltwater and family. It was great! I hope your trip is great as well.

marnold
July 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Dunno. Generally I prefer not to use words like "Death" when referring to my vacation time.

ibanezjunkie
July 30th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Dunno. Generally I prefer not to use words like "Death" when referring to my vacation time.

Depends where you go, you might fancy a trip to Death Valley, CA.

Robert
July 30th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I am in Grande Cache right now, and we are having a great time here. On the Saturday, we run the Canadian Death Race, a fantastic race. You guys should be here!

We are 2 families here, and our kids are doing the Death Kids' race on Sunday. They are going through mud pits and up hills - I'll for sure take lots of pictures.

"Death" is of course a marketing gimmick... to make it sound tough. It's really not that bad... ;)

rylanmartin
July 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I gave up running over a year ago.

I gained 30 lbs... :(

Spudman
July 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM
I hope you had/have a good race Roberto. I have a lot of respect for you since I've recently been running to get ready for some mountain climbing. Running's hard!