PDA

View Full Version : My Ex-Wife

Perfect Stranger
July 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started, and she got
her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft
she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in Georgia because
of bad weather. Thank God none of the kids were with her.

The FAA issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error. She was flying a single engine aircraft
in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating).

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the
ground was injured.

The photograph below was taken at the scene to show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was really lucky.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/perfect_stranger_2006/broom.jpg

luvmyshiner
July 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Are you sure we don't have the same ex-wife?:thwap:

sumitomo
July 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Did you pack the parachute?Sumi:D

pie_man_25
July 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I don't know what to say about that.

pes_laul
July 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
OMG!! that made my day :rotflmao:

just strum
July 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Hey, I was scheduled to be on that flight.

Kazz
July 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
lmao....

Brian Krashpad
July 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Haha, saw over at Agile.

MichaelE
July 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM
IFR and VFR refers to Instrument and Visual Flight Rules, having nothing to do with a rating.

If you have an instrument rating, it will be noted on your certificate.

Your ex was flying in IMC, or instrument meteorological conditions without an instrument rating. Very bad. Very, very bad.

But yeah, I get the joke. My last boss left her flying machine in the closet when she was fired.

just strum
July 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
IFR and VFR refers to Instrument and Visual Flight Rules, having nothing to do with a rating.

I haven't said anything, but when are you going to let the folks in on some of the reasoning behind your knowledge? I think the folks here would be very impressed.

MichaelE
July 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM
One of these days. :rotflmao:

bigoldron
July 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
You really are an old dust farter, aren't you???:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pes_laul
July 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM

Your ex was flying in IMC, or instrument meteorological conditions without an instrument rating. Very bad. Very, very bad.

But yeah, I get the joke. My last boss left her flying machine in the closet when she was fired.
http://rlv.zcache.com/who_let_buzz_killington_in_tshirt-p235330529106011040tdt5_210.jpg ;)

pie_man_25
July 29th, 2009, 11:01 AM
OOOHHHHH!!!!! I get it now!, at first I thought it was serious, but then I realized the broom implies she's a witch:rotflmao: :rotflmao: !!! JESUS I'm thick:thwap: !!!!!

sumitomo
July 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Think she'll up grade to the newer hybrid electric model? Sumi:D

kiteman
July 29th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Damn, you got me! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

EDIT: by the way Sumi, I think she'll upgrade to the swiffer broom. I heard they're sleek and fast. ;)

peachhead
July 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM
That was great- even my wife thought it was funny. :bravo: