PDA

View Full Version : Saw U2 360 show last night

Lev
July 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Really spectacular show last night as U2 played in Croke Park, Dublin. It was my fourth time seeing U2 live and this was the best yet. The 360 stage (The Claw) really has to be seen to be believed, it consists of a giant cylindrical video wall suspended from a massive claw like structure. This video wall moves and expands during the show creating a different stage back drop for every song.

The music was excellent with a mix of new songs and old classics. The Edges huge layered melodic sound works so well in a stadium environment. The atmosphere when U2 play Dublin is always special but last night was really amazing, almost spiritually uplifting at times.

All in all a fantastic night that left me uplifted and inspired to make music. If anyone gets a chance to see this tour you should really take it, it really is something special.

Spudman
July 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Great to hear you had a good time and thanks for the tip. With concert prices always going up it's hard to know what to spend your money on. I'll be looking for this show in the States.

evenkeel
July 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Great review. Sounds spectacular. Have never caught U2 live. Sounds like I need to fix that.

just strum
July 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I read people that bash U2 for not being innovative or some other lame put down. A band that has the sustaining power of U2 and has performed on front of so many, were not able to do that without ability.

I never saw them live, but watching their concerts on TV it is my opinion they are one of the best large venue bands performing today. I caught a bit of Stones concert last night, they stunk the place up.

What was the size of the place where they performed?

vroomery
July 28th, 2009, 10:34 PM
U2 is doing a US leg of their 360 tour with different acts accompanying. I'll be fortunate enough to see them with Muse on Oct 1st in Charlottesville, VA. I really cannot wait. Unfortunately though, I have to...

Lev
July 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM
What was the size of the place where they performed?

Just a modest 82,000 capacity football stadium. They sold it out for 3 nights but then again it is their home town.

Spudman
July 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
12 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US Snow Patrol SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
13 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US Snow Patrol SOLD OUT TICKETS
16 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA Snow Patrol SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
17 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA Snow Patrol SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
20 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US Snow Patrol SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
21 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US Snow Patrol VIP Packages TICKETS
24 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US Muse SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
25 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US Muse SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
29 September 2009 FedEx Field Washington DC US Muse SOLD OUT TICKETS
01 October 2009 Scott Stadium Charlottesville VA US Muse SOLD OUT TICKETS
03 October 2009 Carter-Finley Stadium Raleigh NC US Muse NA TICKETS
06 October 2009 Georgia Dome Atlanta GA US Muse SOLD OUT TICKETS
09 October 2009 Raymond James Stadium Tampa FL US Muse SOLD OUT TICKETS
12 October 2009 New Cowboys Stadium Dallas TX US Muse SOLD OUT TICKETS
14 October 2009 Reliant Stadium Houston TX US Muse VIP Packages TICKETS
18 October 2009 Oklahoma Memorial Stadium Norman OK US Black Eyed Peas VIP Packages TICKETS
20 October 2009 Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Phoenix AZ US Black Eyed Peas SOLD OUT TICKETS
23 October 2009 Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas NV US Black Eyed Peas SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
25 October 2009 Rose Bowl Los Angeles CA US Black Eyed Peas SOLD OUT SOLD OUT
28 October 2009 BC Place Stadium Vancouver BC CA Black Eyed Peas SOLD OUT TICKETS