PDA

View Full Version : Lube my instrument?

Rampant
July 29th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Fellow guitar lovers

Firstly, I am a very lucky laddie. My Mrs bought me a new translucent red Ibanez AFS75T semi-acoustic while I was away form home with work. It was waiting at home when I returned :) She really is beautiful :)

I now have a few questions that I think someone might be able to give advice on:

Should I lubricate any parts of the Bigsby style trem?
If so, what lube should I use?
Should I lube the "roller bridge"?

Cheerz

Rampant

Radioboy950
July 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM
"Lube my instrument?":rotflmao:
No, thanks, I'll leave that to you & the Mrs.

Sorry, the title just screamed out for a juvenile response.

I'm sure others will have some useful info.

Spudman
July 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think you'll need to do anything to that except if you find that it isn't coming back in tune after using the Bigsby then you might want to try some Nut Sauce to lube the nut. Otherwise, play on maestro.

Rampant
July 30th, 2009, 02:22 AM
LOL @ Radioboy - yes matey, I was feeling a bit juvenile myself when I chose the title...

Thanks Spudman, I've never heard of Nut Sauce. Maybe Radioboy will be back to comment on that particular product :p :D

ibanezjunkie
July 30th, 2009, 04:30 AM
nut sauce is a masculine itching remedy.

theres your juvenile response, straight from a juvenile :D

Kazz
July 30th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Usually a new member has to wait until at least reaching 100 posts before asking for such sexual favors.

How is that for juvenile :-)

Rampant
July 30th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Usually a new member has to wait until at least reaching 100 posts before asking for such sexual favors.

How is that for juvenile :-)

???
I would've thought new members get many more offers of sexual favours than their more established brethren!

Pass that nut sauce, please :)

sumitomo
July 30th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Your right FRESH FISH!!!!Say fish could you pick up that soap I dropped?:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Sumi:D

Spudman
July 30th, 2009, 07:52 AM
What a bunch of gutter minds. :thwap: It's sad that I fit in.:rotflmao:

http://www.bigbends.com/prod.html

markb
July 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Just use graphite or nut sauce on the nut. The bigsby's moving parts run on delrin bushings which are effectively self lubricating. I'd only lube the roller bridge if it starts making squeaks or pings that you can hear through an amp. A drop of light oil on a toothpick applied to the roller axles would be the way to go here but use it sparingly and wipe up any excess. Don't get machine oil on the guitar's finish.

just strum
July 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Just use graphite or nut sauce on the nut. The bigsby's moving parts run on delrin bushings which are effectively self lubricating. I'd only lube the roller bridge if it starts making squeaks or pings that you can hear through an amp. A drop of light oil on a toothpick applied to the roller axles would be the way to go here but use it sparingly and wipe up any excess. Don't get machine oil on the guitar's finish.

One adult among the whole bunch.:poke:

Shiner has a lot of competition with the responses that were posted.

Rampant
July 31st, 2009, 05:24 AM

Thanks for that Mark.

Do you think my Ibanez copy of the Bigsby trem has got a self lubricating bush??? :)

Cheerz

(another) Mark

let the witty responses continue

Perfect Stranger
July 31st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Boy, I'm glad this thread was about guitars....:eek: