PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pickup Circuits

fensonpaulcaster
July 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I have a new (new?) to get a huge tonal variety ot of three pickups:

ok so this would be what its like:

a strat set up two single coils in the neck and middle and a humbucker in the middle. The difference is that the two single coils and the hb pup are on different circuits.

The two singles would be on a jazz master setup (master tone and volume with pickup selector plus rythm/lead switch with programmable v/t rhythm thumbwheels. The humbucker works with one 5 way rotary switch and a master volume and tone, and also has a kill switch (simple two way mini switch). Now i know this can all be fit into one pickguard but the only issue is the input jack? how could i connect both circuits into a single jack without fading the energy too much? Or is it not possible would it have to have two inputs?

I was thinking maybe just sodering the lead wires of both circuits on the end and then just sodering that joint to the jack.

What do you guys think??

Kazz
July 30th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I think if you do it the way you posted that you will have both circuits live at the same time. You need some sort of switch between the 2 circuits if you are going to use one input jack to feed both. If you want them to be completely separate with no bleedoff then you need to add a second input jack.