PDA

View Full Version : Car crash (worst day ever)

pes_laul
August 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
So today was the day of my big show right. well I go to bassisst house and we plack up all our amps and ride to drummers hosue in itty bitty car to rehearse for show. well that goes good then we leave and its pouring rain on the way there and some jack *** misses his turn and decides it's a great idea to slam on the brakes to make it. well we rear end him so hard it totals the car. and we get out and see if everyones ok. well I wasnt so "okay" when the police and ambulance got here they checked me out and said it was a good idea to bring me to the hospital. so a bumpy ride to the hospital in the ambulance (ow) we get there and I have to get Xrays and all that stuff. well I got bad rib and chest contusions and all that jazz.

ughh....car crashes are scary:reallymad:

sunvalleylaw
August 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry man. That is no fun at all. Hope it all heals quickly!

SuperSwede
August 2nd, 2009, 01:28 AM
Yikes.. no show and the hospital... sending mojo your way!

luvmyshiner
August 2nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Pes, glad to hear you're ok little brother. I've only been in one car wreck, but those things are scary. Property can be replaced, people can't.

ZMAN
August 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
I will never forget the sound! We were inches away from a head on collision and were able to "sideswipe" each other. The sound of the collision and the force scared the hell out of me. That was in a brand new 1969 Camaro, it is as vivid today as then.

just strum
August 2nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Glad to hear you are okay considering how bad it could have been. You probably got the injuries in the ambulance, those things have about as smooth a ride as a covered wagon from the 1800's.

tunghaichuan
August 2nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Glad to hear you're okay, car crashes are very scary.

Make sure you keep on top of any medical issues. You're young so you should heal quickly, but if you don't feel well or start to feel strange or weird, get to a hospital and have them check it out.

tung

evenkeel
August 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Yikes!! Hope you're healing well and fast.

mrmudcat
August 2nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Is the equipment ok..................:rotflmao:

Kidding brother hope your ok!;)

pes_laul
August 2nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Well today I was even more sore. can't lift my arms very good.

We got the gutiars out and stuff but I lost my glasses: they flew off when we hit and I was so shocked standing in the rain getting questioned by paramedics and cops and all that stuff.

but thank god for my seatbelt if it werent for that: game over.

I'm still having trouble breathing and moving so I cant really play or sing for abotu 2 weeks.

tot_Ou_tard
August 2nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
Mojo sent your way.

A woman lost control in the rain on July 1st & crossed the lane & rammed into me.

Luckily no-one was hurt.

marnold
August 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Get well soon, Pes! Let this be lesson #287 in "Why seat belts are a good thing." You are sore now, but you will heal. Otherwise, well, let's just say the loss of your glasses would have been the least of your concerns.

Before we had our accident in Indiana, my mother-in-law didn't understand why I was so A.R. about how the kids were in their car seats. After all, we didn't have car seats growing up. Well, after that accident and the damage done to the car, she understood. If they had been loose, they would at least have been thrown around the cabin. As it was, they were looking at me like, "This is a really stupid place to stop the car, Dad."

street music
August 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Pes, glad to hear you have survivied what could have been really bad. Heal soon as that acoustic will need you soon.

Jimi75
August 2nd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Oh darn! That sounds terrible.
Sending mojo your way, get well soon!

:AOK:

bigoldron
August 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Kris, we're all glad you're OK. That seat belt IS a good thing. There was a wreck here last Thursday involving 2 car loads of kids. The daughter of one of my co-workers (and friend) was thrown out of her car and it flipped 3 or 4 times and rolled over her. She has a crushed pelvis, several broken bones, possible head injuries and was on breathing tube until yesterday. She's in a lot of pain and is sedated. Of course, she wasn't wearing her seat belt. Her boyfriend was driving and racing the other car and lost it in a curve.

Buckle up and stay safe. Remember my friend in your prayers.

Oh, and don't miss any opportunities to tell someone you love them. It only takes the blink of an eye...

jpfeifer
August 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Glad to hear that you're o.k!
It's so easy to get into an accident, it can happen in a split second.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to some things that you enjoy such as playing your music.

-- Jim

ibanezjunkie
August 2nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
good your okay, Pes.

all your bandmates okay?

like strum said, half of your injuries are probably from the journey to the hospital.

a fracture turned into a snap on the way to the hospital for a friend once.

pes_laul
August 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
good your okay, Pes.

all your bandmates okay?

like strum said, half of your injuries are probably from the journey to the hospital.

a fracture turned into a snap on the way to the hospital for a friend once.
yeah my guys were fine bassist had air bag and drummer was in the backseat and I got introduced to mr. dash board in a very unfashionable manner

ibanezjunkie
August 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
ooft Mr Dashboard isnt a friendly chap.

pes_laul
August 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Heres a picture I took of the car after we wreckedhttp://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/10004a760fbb2daa6.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1236)

poor little multi colored duster I loved that car :cry:

oldguy
August 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Wow, that looks bad, Pes. Glad you were wearing your seat belt. Heal up soon, and if anything doesn't feel right get to the doctor or hospital ASAP.

wingsdad
August 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Woah, Kris...close call...:thwap: and you're banged up and hurting a bunch, but the main thing is you and your mates made it out of there alive. :AOK: Get the medical attention you need, take it slow and get the rest you need to heal. Your guitars will be there wating for you.

Without that seat belt on, I'd bet your encouter with Mr. Dashboard would've been a lot uglier. I was 19 when I met Mr. D and his friend , Mr. Windshield myself. Lost control of my 68 Valiant on a rainy road, hitting the brakes too hard to avoid a car that darted out from a side road on a curve. Took the sandy shoulder and skidded about 100' smack into a phone pole. 100' is a long time; you see a lot of your past go by in a couple of seconds. My car looked like yours, only with more of a 'V' in the front, because I guess the engine decided it wanted to ride shotgun. In 1969, no shoulder belts, just lap belts. I had mine on, but the impact took me up over the steering wheel and the back of my head smashed the windshield. Only my lap belt kept me from going thru it, I'm sure. Left some hair and scalp in there, and picked glass out of my head for a month. Man, was my gut sore for a long time.

You're here, and you still have your sense of humor, so you'll be OK.:)

Heywood Jablomie
August 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
I'm glad that you're OK, Pes. And I'm happy to see all of the recommendations for wearing seat belts. But nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room - following too closely.

ibanezjunkie
August 3rd, 2009, 04:12 AM
Woah, Kris...close call...:thwap: and you're banged up and hurting a bunch, but the main thing is you and your mates made it out of there alive. :AOK: Get the medical attention you need, take it slow and get the rest you need to heal. Your guitars will be there wating for you.

Without that seat belt on, I'd bet your encouter with Mr. Dashboard would've been a lot uglier. I was 19 when I met Mr. D and his friend , Mr. Windshield myself. Lost control of my 68 Valiant on a rainy road, hitting the brakes too hard to avoid a car that darted out from a side road on a curve. Took the sandy shoulder and skidded about 100' smack into a phone pole. 100' is a long time; you see a lot of your past go by in a couple of seconds. My car looked like yours, only with more of a 'V' in the front, because I guess the engine decided it wanted to ride shotgun. In 1969, no shoulder belts, just lap belts. I had mine on, but the impact took me up over the steering wheel and the back of my head smashed the windshield. Only my lap belt kept me from going thru it, I'm sure. Left some hair and scalp in there, and picked glass out of my head for a month. Man, was my gut sore for a long time.

You're here, and you still have your sense of humor, so you'll be OK.:)

with those stupid lap belts, im sure a trip shoulder-first through the windscreen would be less painful in the long run than some long lasting damage in your gut region.

wingsdad
August 3rd, 2009, 07:57 AM
with those stupid lap belts, im sure a trip shoulder-first through the windscreen would be less painful in the long run than some long lasting damage in your gut region.
It would have been worse, IJ, but the steering wheel, flimsier than today's, snapped in half in my hands on impact, and that's why I went over the top....gotta find those pics...in a box somewhere...going OT here...this belongs in that other thread about first car/crash...

I just want to repeat to Kris: you and your buddies are lucky to have gotten away from there in the shape you did.:)

Spudman
August 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Chest and ribs? No happy stuff for you for a while. Laughing is going to hurt like a bit*h. Rent some really sad movies to watch while you heal.

I hope you heal fast and can get enough insurance money for a Hummer or something else that can withstand an impact.:D

bigG
August 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
Whoa, what a bummer, pes! At least you're alive and well enough to type about it! Hope you heal quickly. Rib injuries are brutal (from personal experience. Let's just say that some very high voltage bit me when I was an electrician and threw me off a 12' extension ladder. Luckily ribs were only bruised, but badly, and it was weeks of agony! Make ya feel better? :D )

sumitomo
August 4th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Wow Glad your OK.Seatbelts are a good thing.Sumi:D

Childbride
August 4th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Pes, i commiserate, and hope you heal quickly.

in my worst car accident, i cracked my sternum and some ribs. lots of staples.

that hurt like hell.

get well, dude.

Monkus
August 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Great that ur still here with us to post your experience. It could have been much worse. Ribs will hurt but remember, "This too will pass..." Get well quickly and now you have lotsa time for practise! :D