PDA

View Full Version : TheFret.net New Theme Opinions

thekiwidisciple
August 2nd, 2009, 02:28 AM
Hi all,

After we got the new logo for The Fret, I contacted Robert and offered to make a new theme for the forums to go with the logo. I've used a lot of similar colours in the construction of it. Anyway, have a look and please do offer opinions and suggestions! Do keep in mind that even in the image below there are a few things that I still need to fix up. It's still a work in progress and by no means the final product.:beer:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2823/thefret.png

Ben.

SuperSwede
August 2nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
Its looking great Ben.. nice work :)

thekiwidisciple
August 2nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
Thanks mate. :)

just strum
August 2nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
Ben, thanks for the preview of what we can expect. Just curious, is the plan to stick with "The Place for Guitar & Base"?

I was thinking of maybe something like:

"Discussion of Guitar and Music Where the World is Invited to Join In"

Thinking along the lines of the purpose of the forum and tying in the logo.

sunvalleylaw
August 2nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
I like the overall look, but personally, I still like the dark background with less white. Easier on the eyes to me. Just my .02, and thanks for the work!

player
August 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
"Discussion of Guitar and Music Where the World is Invited to Join In"

Thinking along the lines of the purpose of the forum and tying in the logo like this idea too +1,great question btw place for bass and guitar :AOK:
oh and Ben nice work chap. have to go with SVL about the white too,I know still a work in progress but coming together nicely :D

Robert
August 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - that was originally the tagline, but somehow I misplaced the word "Friendly" when I made this website logo header! :eek:

"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - flows nicely, doesn't it?

player
August 2nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - that was originally the tagline, but somehow I misplaced the word "Friendly" when I made this website logo header! :eek:

"The Friendly Place For Guitar and Bass" - flows nicely, doesn't it?

That it does Boss.somehow the gray matter played that misplace on ya,no biggie happens to the best of us well intentioned fretters :thwap:

rylanmartin
August 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
I'm thinking someone should work out making an audio loop of the intro to "Eye of the Tiger" that will play continuously while using the forum...

Either that or "Thunderstruck"...

player
August 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
thinking a vote on any audio clip whatsoever might be in order to active members and posters

Spudman
August 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
I'm thinking someone should work out making an audio loop of the intro to "Eye of the Tiger" that will play continuously while using the forum...

Arrgh! :spank: That would be super annoying.

Regarding color - I too would like to stick with the usual colors. It's really easy on the eyes (that's probably why I've been on so much).;)

thekiwidisciple
August 3rd, 2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I hadn't even thought of including the tagline, but I'll get to that. Also I'll change the background colour if that's what everyone wants, I've still to get to colour balancing.

I think I speak for the entire member-base when I say the words: NOT HAPPENING! :D

Kazz
August 3rd, 2009, 04:27 AM
count me among the ones that prefer a darker background....especially at 5am when I do most of my fret surfing.

thekiwidisciple
August 3rd, 2009, 05:05 AM
I've changed the background colour, but rather than a dark grey or dark red, I've used a lighter grey. It's a good compromise because it allows distinction between the background and foreground content, but is also visually appealing and easy on them tired eyes. I'll get a few more things done and then post another preview. I've just started a new job, so I'm really busy at the moment, but I'm hoping to get it all completed and off to Robert this weekend.

M29
August 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Looking great! I feel a darker background would be good too. May you could put some veins in there somewhere the fret has to have some veins. No really it is looking great!

M29

Spudman
August 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Looking great! I feel a darker background would be good too. May you could put some veins in there somewhere the fret has to have some veins. No really it is looking great!

M29

Brilliant! A spiderweb of veins across the right half of the header.

player
August 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
originaly posted by Spudman

Brilliant! A spiderweb of veins across the right half of the header.
yep we gotta have veins to show the bosses influence on here and Right about not happening - great work on it thus far,keep it up and eventually we'll(you'll) get er done :D