PDA

View Full Version : Early Birthday Present!

pie_man_25
August 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I've been really pissed that they don't have any real courses on electric bass for university, so I'm gonna have to spend about $1,800 at my local music store for a CHEAP upright so I can quickly learn as much about it as possible, then take the audition for the classes. so my parents have surprised me last week, by getting me a rental upright, it's pretty much this model:
http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1754-ENGELHARDT_MAESTRO_EM1_EM_1B_3_4_BASS.html

yeah, it's really been a learning experience, the scale is longer, the strings have way more tension and the bow is really difficult to get the hang of, but I'm enjoying it! My parents have told me it's an early birthday gift, so I can't hope for an eyepatch or a silly pirate hat, but hey, I don't mind folding another one from paper yarrrr!:AOK:

just strum
August 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Now you have to find a strap.:D

Good luck in your journey.

ibanezjunkie
August 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
my little bro used to play an upright bass, i hope you have a strong spine friend.

good luck on your musical journey, wherever it may lead you.

street music
August 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Takamine now has a model out that can be played with a strap or the stand legs can be pulled down to use as an upright, a really nice sounding guitar.

Brian Krashpad
August 3rd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Congrats!