PDA

View Full Version : John Hughes passes.

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2009, 08:29 PM
John Hughes, who never won an oscar, but entertained loads of folks in the 80's and 90's with films like The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off passed of a heart attack. (hear news story hear: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111636696) NPR has a good article outlining five great JH moments in his films.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2009/08/five_great_john_hughes_moments.html

I was in college and law school when most of the films came out, and the actors were around my age, a little plus and minus. I sure liked them, and they were a nice break from school etc.

Rest in peace.

R_of_G
August 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
whether or not i liked the films doesn't matter, they were iconic films for my age group and everybody saw them over and over again.

truth be told, i never really cared for most of them, but still, they are a part of growing up for me.

rest in peace mr. hughes

Jimi75
August 7th, 2009, 05:23 AM
This is very sad news. John Hughes was my favourite filmmkaer of the 80's.

:master:

tunghaichuan
August 7th, 2009, 06:50 AM
whether or not i liked the films doesn't matter, they were iconic films for my age group and everybody saw them over and over again.

truth be told, i never really cared for most of them, but still, they are a part of growing up for me.

rest in peace mr. hughes

Well said, Jayson.

RIP John Hughes.

tung

marnold
August 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm not much of a movie buff, but I liked The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (those aren't pillows!). Pretty in Pink, however, still makes me twitch. My wife, who is a big movie fan, loves Ferris. I'd like it for no other reason than Cameron is always wearing a Gordie Howe jersey.

hubberjub
August 7th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I just remember cringing at the scene where the Ferarri goes crashing through the garage wall.

Jimi75
August 7th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I just remember cringing at the scene where the Ferarri goes crashing through the garage wall.

Recently read that Cameron's house is for sale. 2,3 million USD.

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Love his movies. Thank you John for your inspiring wit and talent. RIP