PDA

View Full Version : Gig on main street in Camrose

Robert
August 6th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Myra, me and the other boys had an evening gig today, downtown Camrose. The stage was right on the street. It was fun. We practiced just once (yesterday) and we learned a whole bunch of new tunes, and even if we did screw up some of them a bit, it was nice to have some fresh material.

Several SRV tunes we had never done before. "Hug You, Squeeze You", "Tightrope", "I'm Cryin", "Empty Arms".

We also covered 2 tunes Bonamassa plays - "Wild About You", "I Don't Live Anywhere". We are learning "Pack It Up" too.

I used my Suhr and my Hellhound (portability reasons) and I got good tone. The Blues Driver worked great for blues, and some Maxon SD-9 for fatter distorted tones on some songs.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_i1XFXPJ7kJI/SnumpwLeuAI/AAAAAAAAAUs/J9qH2YpGDH8/s640/Music%20On%20Main%20Aug.6%2C09%20004.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_i1XFXPJ7kJI/Snumu3NIe3I/AAAAAAAAAU8/YWUCtm21PG0/s640/Music%20On%20Main%20Aug.6%2C09%20021.jpg

sunvalleylaw
August 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Caffeinated Blues! Cool! Sounds like you had a good time.

Jimi75
August 7th, 2009, 04:08 AM
That looks more and more professional Robert! Are you guys wearing the same shirts now? Looks cool!

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Looks like a fun gig!

ibanezjunkie
August 7th, 2009, 04:35 AM
coffee and blues...

fun :AOK:

Robert
August 7th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks, well the shirts... it just happened we are were all wearing black shirts, it was not planned! I wear my Icebreaker shirts all the time - they are the best.

We also played Born Under a Bad Sign, and ZZ Top - She Loves My Automobile, and Playing With My Friends (BB King version).

Jimi75
August 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks, well the shirts... it just happened we are were all wearing black shirts, it was not planned! I wear my Icebreaker shirts all the time - they are the best.

We also played Born Under a Bad Sign, and ZZ Top - She Loves My Automobile, and Playing With My Friends (BB King version).

Sounds great Rob! An you know what? You guys look happy and that is all that counts, isn't it?!

marnold
August 7th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Silly question, but did you bring the Tele or anything as a backup?

Robert
August 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Silly question, but did you bring the Tele or anything as a backup?

I brought the Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow as a backup. Used it on one song. :)

Yep, being happy playing is what is about!

rylanmartin
August 7th, 2009, 08:22 AM

I remember when my band all accidentally showed up to a gig all wearing the matching yellow Stryper spandex.

Monkus
August 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I remember when my band all accidentally showed up to a gig all wearing the matching yellow Stryper spandex.

:confused: :eek: :confused:

Way to go Robert, you guys look very satisfied, thats the reason for the music.

:bravo:

Brian Krashpad
August 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Cool! You even had astroturf!

Were all the instruments in the PA? Looks like your amp is mic'd.

Robert
August 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the guitar was mic'd, and the drums. The bass player has a nice Ampeg bass combo, and I think it has a line out. Nice sounding amp.

This picture is funny - it wasn't arranged either.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_i1XFXPJ7kJI/SnummAJ7wHI/AAAAAAAAAUk/hIzRpe2tBtg/s640/Music%20On%20Main%20Aug.6%2C09%20001.jpg