View Full Version : Abbey Road

evenkeel
August 8th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Interesting read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8188475.stm

But further proof of how DAMN old I am!!! :thwap:

Geraint Jones
August 8th, 2009, 06:09 AM
It was just on the radio , mentioning the crowds of fans making the pilgrimage to the rather ordinary zebra crossing . Don`t think i`d want to be driving in that area today.

Monkus
August 8th, 2009, 07:38 AM
If you had the chance though, would you?

bigG
August 8th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I hear ya abt the gettin' old, man! Sucks big time! But unavoidable, I guess. In my mind, I'm still in my 20s, but when I look in the mirror, I get a rude reminder! :rotflmao:

I remember the day Abbey Road came out. I was draft-age eligible (the 'nam), and that night the gov't was doing the draft "lottery" drawing. Each ball had a month and day stamped on it, and if that month and day was your birthday, the closer it was to the first ball drawn, the more sure you were that you WERE getting drafted! Man, talk about holding your breath!

We had Abbey Road on the stereo, candles and incense burning, as we watched that lottery - what a juxtapostion, a paradox, a dichotomy...I tell ya! Those two things concomtitantly! My Bday was drawn number 186 out of 365 (or was it 366 due to leap year?) balls. That's alot of balls they had, those pricks! heheheh

Anyway, great album! I remember all that "Paul is dead" stuff. It was quite the conspiracy theory for months in trade mags and on FM underground radio!

Good memories! I live alot of my life on good memories. Thanks for rekindling that one, evenkeel! :beer:

helliott
August 8th, 2009, 07:36 PM
My friends and I actually tried to play it backwards to see if we could get the same Paul is Dead stuff that was all over radio. We ruined my first copy of the album , and at least one needle. (Stereo, not drug).

Geraint Jones
August 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
This weekend must have been the straw that broke the camels back, because now the local council are talking of having the crossing removed due to the amount of accidents . Must be all those Rutles fans taking tea and then attempting to cross the road whilst under the influence.

Heywood Jablomie
August 10th, 2009, 12:58 PM
For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.abbeyroad.co.uk/visit/

Geraint Jones
August 10th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I

I remember the day Abbey Road came out. I was draft-age eligible (the 'nam), and that night the gov't was doing the draft "lottery" drawing. Each ball had a month and day stamped on it, and if that month and day was your birthday, the closer it was to the first ball drawn, the more sure you were that you WERE getting drafted! Man, talk about holding your breath!

What a bizarre way to learn you were off to Vietnam courtesy of Uncle Sam . Now thats what I`d call gripping viewing .

bigG
August 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
What a bizarre way to learn you were off to Vietnam courtesy of Uncle Sam . Now thats what I`d call gripping viewing .

Gripping it was, Mr. Jones! :D And bizzare beyond words!