PDA

View Full Version : Paul Gilbert's "Scarified"

tremoloman
August 22nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
I thought some of you may like this clip of Paul. He's so funny and is such a talented shredder.
Scarified (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSKLYtMrak&mode=related&search=paul%20gilbert%20scarified)

Oh... here's some "Flamingo" for you classical guitar nuts
Flamingo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11KaKhGAa3I&mode=related&search=paul%20gilbert%20scarified)

Katastrophe
September 6th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Geez... I don't know how I missed this thread! When I was taking lessons, I walked into our session with my guitar teacher with a copy of Racer X's Second Heat in hand, bought at his suggestion. I told my guitar teacher, "I wanna learn how to do THAT. NOW."

He laughed. Alot. Loudly. That album combined both melody and speed, and is a must for anyone learning to shred. I still have the tape, but it's not playable anymore from the hours of stopping and starting, trying to figure out the songs. One of my favorite recorded rock rhythm tones, BTW. I believe they were using Metaltronix amps, designed by Lee Jackson, at the time (I think).

Paul Gilbert has a wacky sense of humor, and the clip was great. Thanks for the find, T-Man!

Tone2TheBone
September 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Geez... I don't know how I missed this thread! When I was taking lessons, I walked into our session with my guitar teacher with a copy of Racer X's Second Heat in hand, bought at his suggestion. I told my guitar teacher, "I wanna learn how to do THAT. NOW."

He laughed. Alot. Loudly. That album combined both melody and speed, and is a must for anyone learning to shred. I still have the tape, but it's not playable anymore from the hours of stopping and starting, trying to figure out the songs. One of my favorite recorded rock rhythm tones, BTW. I believe they were using Metaltronix amps, designed by Lee Jackson, at the time (I think).

Paul Gilbert has a wacky sense of humor, and the clip was great. Thanks for the find, T-Man!

I remember those Metaltronix amps. Paul makes it cool for us nerds to be cool like him. ;)