PDA

View Full Version : I'm SOOOO happy!

deeaa
August 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I'm starting to get my latest project, which is resurrecting my old band from the 90's...we have finally managed to put together some ideas and a few raw songs too, feels so nice it's unbelievable! There is something about band chemistry; once you have a good one it sticks with ya. We don't have the original guitarist who was a really good one, so I need to play most of the guitar, but the bassists promised to play some solos, which is something I don't feel good enough at.

It'll be mostly a recording project...but it'll work great.

I have to post this latest song we did today...I come up with the song last night when I was drinking beer...it's WAY raw, like take two, and pretty much everything except most of the vox and some of the melody guitar will be re-played still. I play both guitars and sing:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/Chemical_v2_demo.mp3

marnold
August 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cool track, although totally not what I expected. I was expecting extreme violence, Cookie Monster vocals, and a direct reference to setting me on fire. Playing together with a group of old friends == a good thing.

Robert
August 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Congrats, sounds cool! Fun when things come together.

SuperSwede
August 12th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I really like your track Dee, less sisu than I would have thought but very nice.

deeaa
August 12th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I really like your track Dee, less sisu than I would have thought but very nice.

Hm, seems like I've come accross as a metal musician here...which is not the case; I do love grunge (old style) and such, but most of the stuff I've written is more like rock with a pop twist even. But I've never really dug any real hard music :rockon:

Jipes
August 12th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Nice song Dee, the voice is really particular and fits perfectly on the groove All my best wishes for your project to come :AOK:

SuperSwede
August 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
But I've never really dug any real hard music :rockon:

Except Lordi right ;) :beer:

Spudman
August 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Except Lordi right ;) :beer:

Oh puhlease! :thwap:

That track sounds really good. Congrats on getting to re-live your youth. I'm interested in hearing more. Keep us updated.:AOK:

Algonquin
August 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Excellent vocals deeaa!... that was great :AOK:
Cheers :beer:

Brian Krashpad
August 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Cool. The vocals sound a bit like early Bowie.

bigG
August 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Cool. The vocals sound a bit like early Bowie.

I thought the same thing, Krash. Nice vocals! Good stuff!

deeaa
August 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I thought the same thing, Krash. Nice vocals! Good stuff!

LOL, I often get that on more 'ballad' type songs. I hate bowie myself, I always though the guy can't sing or particularly stay in tune to save his life, but maybe there is something similar in the timbre.