PDA

View Full Version : line 6 spider series

bedroom rocker
August 11th, 2009, 11:02 PM
decided to invest in my first decent amp with my tax money, and got the line 6 spider III 210 :D excellent amp, what are your opinions on the spider series? i saw on youtube people were saying the peavy vypyr series shat all over the spiders.... after playing both in the music shop i much prefferred the line 6

pes_laul
August 11th, 2009, 11:48 PM
decided to invest in my first decent amp with my tax money, and got the line 6 spider III 210 :D excellent amp, what are your opinions on the spider series? i saw on youtube people were saying the peavy vypyr series shat all over the spiders.... after playing both in the music shop i much prefferred the line 6
I have a teensy 15 watt version great for playing in the bedroom but the only line 6 amps I liked were the bogner ones.

Katastrophe
August 12th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I personally like the Vypyr over the Spider. However, it only matters what you like. Line 6 makes a solid product, with each line aimed at a different type of player. I think the Spider III series hits exactly what it aims at: entry level, metal and hard rock players, at an affordable price point. IMHO, there may be other amps that do the same job, some better, some worse, but it all comes down to your preference.

Enjoy your new amp, and don't worry about what others think. Tweak every setting you can. You'll be occupied for a while:D . Better yet, when it comes in, post a review of what you like / dislike about the amp. It'll give us a springboard for more discussion! Include clips and pics if you can.

Take youtube vids with a grain of salt. Some of the reviews may be just based on hype, or less than honest, with the purposeful intention of promoting one brand over another.

Plank_Spanker
August 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I personally like the Vypyr over the Spider. However, it only matters what you like. Line 6 makes a solid product, with each line aimed at a different type of player. I think the Spider III series hits exactly what it aims at: entry level, metal and hard rock players, at an affordable price point. IMHO, there may be other amps that do the same job, some better, some worse, but it all comes down to your preference.

Enjoy your new amp, and don't worry about what others think. Tweak every setting you can. You'll be occupied for a while:D . Better yet, when it comes in, post a review of what you like / dislike about the amp. It'll give us a springboard for more discussion! Include clips and pics if you can.

Take youtube vids with a grain of salt. Some of the reviews may be just based on hype, or less than honest, with the purposeful intention of promoting one brand over another.

True words! :AOK:

bedroom rocker
August 13th, 2009, 12:35 AM
okay, ill give it my review, i may be a little biased as its my first proper amp (before i got this, i ran my digitech rp-80 into my behringer acoustic amp or my stereo :rotflmao: ) okay, the line 6 spider III 210 is a very HEAVY amp, so unless youre arnie, youre not particularly going to enjoy lugging it into and out of vans for gigging etc, it has 2x 10 inch custom celestion speakers, and a whopping 400 presets created especially for the amp by a plethora of guitarist like mick thompson, john 5, albert lee etc, and a variety of settings based on the guitar tones of classic songs like back in black etc. it also has 36 presets created for the fun of it. of course, you can access or edit any of these to your own liking using the navigator (which will take a bit of getting used to). there are 12 amp models to select on, based on vox, fender, marshall, mesa boogie etc.also drive,bass,mid,treble, channel vol,reverb and master knobs. and 2 flange/phaser/tremolo and delay/tape echo/sweep echo knobs. now heres something i havent seen on an amp before: a flashing button above the reverb switch, now, when you have selected say... delay, how many times you tap that button within 2 seconds, will set the delay time!! how cool is that? it also doubles as a tuner (using the navigator screen as a display) . it features a normal 1/4 input jack, a 1/8 cd/mp3 in jack so you can jam along to your favourite songs, a rj-45 jack for optional fbv pedal,and a a 1/4 headphone jack, which also has been made to connect straight to a computers soundcard, or a line 6 pocket pod. if youre in a band, you may want to consider buying a seperate line 6 pedal to control this beast, as it would be highly impractical to you use the navigator to change tone quickly on stage between songs. but hey its up to you. this thing is fairly loud! ive yet to turn it up past 4 for fear of losing my hearing haha. this thing will keep me entertained for ages. and for 800 dollars australian i think you couldnt go wrong. thanks for reading! included are photos to look at

PROS:
fairly cheap compared to some rivals
loud
no need for usb cable for computer use
looks nice

CONS:
heavy
optional pedals can be pricey
no fx send/return
navigator will take you a while to figure out

bedroom rocker
August 13th, 2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_102754a83b598aa51c.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1243)

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_102754a83b8158a63e.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1244)