PDA

View Full Version : Katydyn rocks

Spudman
August 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Those folks that make water filters are awesome in my book. Big props to their customer service department.:AOK:

I've been using Pur filters for many years at home and in the wild, and Katydyn purchased the Pur company a while ago. They still make the same products with just a different name on them.

On my recent week into the wilderness trek I discovered on my very first night that the intake nipple to the water filter was broken and no water would go through it.:( The only thing I could look forward to was probably a case of giardia by the end of the week for the whole family. There just happened to be a Boy Scout troop at the other lake and one of the leaders loaned me his filter just like mine for the week. We had never met before so that was pretty nice of him. I get back home and call Katydyn and tell them about the broken part and ask if a new piece can be fit in. Unfortunately that piece is plastic welded in and I was going to need a whole new filter body - which they will get right out to me no charge.:AOK: :bravo: :beer:

What great service. It's rare that companies these days will so readily stand behind their products.

Algonquin
August 12th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I love my Katadyn Base Camp filter that I pickup up last year. Glad to hear the customer service came through when needed.

sunvalleylaw
August 12th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I just went and looked and the filter I was telling you about that I have had for 20 years is my old "First Need" like this, http://generalecology.com/category/portable/product/first_need_xl_portable_water_purifier-new but 20 years old. It was getting packed out as we discussed and needed to be replaced. When I went out to the garage right now, I saw Gwen has picked up a new Katydyn. Cool!