PDA

View Full Version : Chickenfoot

Robert
August 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM
So what do ye think of this so-called "Super Group"? You can listen to their album at http://www.chickenfoot.us/listeningparty/

Joe Satriani
Sammy Hagar
Michael Anthony
Chad Smith

hubberjub
August 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Garbagefoot.

Spudman
August 12th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I think they are kind of fun. Just plain old rock and roll. I can enjoy it for a while but I usually like something with a little bit more concept and texture. Good band though. I love Chad's drumming and Joe's playing always.

Katastrophe
August 12th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Good ol' bluesy riff rock n' roll. Sounds good to me. Whadda you think, Robert?

Robert
August 12th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Well, not bad I guess. I haven't listened much to this group, so I can't say too much really. Probably fun to see live. I am amazed at how much energy Hagar seems to always have. The man is 62, and he's not how I picture most men of that age!

hagarfreak33
August 12th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I love it!Going to see them thursday the 20th

marnold
August 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM
At first I wasn't sure what to make of the album, but the more I listen to it the more I seem to like it. I like "Sexy Little Thing" and "Get It Up" the best.

Jimi75
August 13th, 2009, 12:29 AM
To me it has more of a fun project character. The only guy I don't really see in this band is Satriani. I could imagine Chickenfoot being way cooler with Slash on guitar. Other than that, well I heard the album once and it rocked.

duhvoodooman
August 13th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I downloaded the album and it's quite good. Not great, IMO, but definitely worth a few listens. Obviously some excellent guitar work by Satch, as you'd expect....

Radioboy950
August 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Nothing wrong at all with some fun, loud rock n' roll. And the band members have said in various interviews that this is exactly the record they wanted to make...something fun.
I bought the CD (mostly out of curiosity, really) when it first came out, and it's still in my car deck.
I think the guys sound good together.
I've always thought Sammy delivers one of the best rock vocals, Chad kills on drums. I like Satriani's playing in this group, but I don't care for some of his solo offerings.
I DO like Joe's playing, though, when it's more raw with fewer effects.

R.B. Huckleberry
August 13th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I prefer Satriani in this context. I love the album. Just a good time. Nothing deep.

helliott
August 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I was pleasantly surprised. Only thing is, the songs are hooky and kinda fun, but not memorable in my view. Still, good for window down road hogging.

Tig
August 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Some of the tracks are a bit too "jockstrap rock" for my musical taste, but Joe sounds great (as always).

After reading a few articles about chickenfoot in May, I was looking forward to the release, but after a few listens, I'm a little dissapointed. There's a few fun, well played songs in there, so I sure can't trash them, either.

Get It Up is my fav so far.

pes_laul
August 18th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I really like them and would love to see them live. sammy hagar is just cool :AOK:

birv2
August 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Nothing earth-shattering, but nice to see some good old riff-based rock music. They're all great players and they look like they're having a good time doing what they enjoy. More power to em, I say.

Lone Crow
August 20th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I've heard worse, that's for sure.

Tig
October 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
After buying the new Chickenfoot album last month, I've listened to it a good 15+ times and now have to eat my words from back when I had only listened to it once. :notme

I'm happy to report that most of the songs are to my liking, and some keep getting better with each listen. There, that didn't taste so bad!
:R

Kazz
October 22nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
I bet it even gets better with some Cabo Wabo Tequila