PDA

View Full Version : Little Wing - Check out this version...

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
On acoustic no less. I totally loved this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1gNpAaY&feature=PlayList&p=DF28752E31481C61&index=0

I also have to post this one too. Caught this at FDP and wanted you guys to see this chick play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OJc3Cg1c4

SuperSwede
August 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
Amazing! Thanks for that tone!
The acoustic version was easily the best one I´ve heard!

Robert
August 22nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
That Korean girl makes a great copy of SRV's version. Really impressive.

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
Rob - I know thats what I thought too. She went for it note for note on Stevies version. She looks Japanese to me though. Cute.

tremoloman
August 22nd, 2006, 12:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1gNpAaY&feature=PlayList&p=DF28752E31481C61&index=0Man, that tone is so cool. I've tried to get that type fo tone on my electric/acoustics, but they are very finicky about feedback. You can hear him suffer it a little bit also, but it sounds sick!

Thanks for the post! I like this version much better than SRVs cover. My all time favorite live version is still Jimi's Royal Albert Hall version, but this is a close second. That guy can rip on an acoustic man!

Next to Willie Nelson, I've never seen such a reliced acoustic.

Now as for the asian woman's version... just fantastic! Music is the world's universal language that trandscends all races and religions. Jimi would be very proud to see his work so masterfully done.

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Man, that tone is so cool. I've tried to get that type fo tone on my electric/acoustics, but they are very finicky about feedback. You can hear him suffer it a little bit also, but it sounds sick!

Thanks for the post! I like this version much better than SRVs cover. My all time favorite live version is still Jimi's Royal Albert Hall version, but this is a close second. That guy can rip on an acoustic man!

Next to Willie Nelson, I've never seen such a reliced acoustic.

Now as for the asian woman's version... just fantastic! Music is the world's universal language that trandscends all races and religions. Jimi would be very proud to see his work so masterfully done.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The acoustic lead tone he got was dope man! You seldom see or hear anyone playing it that way.

I just thought it was pretty cool to see an Asian chick play it in Stevie's style too.

t_ross33
August 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
I started checking out Monte Montgomery after a previous post here on theFret.Net and a link to another Youtube Little Wing performance (gotta luv YouTube :)). Awesome tone and use of effects on an acoustic platform :cool: Monte, Ben Harper and a few others are pushing the acoustic evelope and leading innovation in the genre. As if I don't have my hands full with an electric guitar, I'm pursuing an acoustic/unplugged venture, largely based on the inspiration from that video and from chatting with and learning from you guys!

I'll keep you posted.

BTW, Alvarez has a MM signature acoustic based on his ol' beater. Check out more at http://www.alvarezgtr.com/artistpage.htm?ArtistID=149

t_ross33
August 22nd, 2006, 02:20 PM
Man, that tone is so cool. I've tried to get that type fo tone on my electric/acoustics, but they are very finicky about feedback. You can hear him suffer it a little bit also, but it sounds sick!

According to here (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=65758076)MM uses a Boss Compressor and Ibanez Tube Screamer among other effects. Gonna have to try that :R Probably uses some kinda notch filter or active feedback suppression, though he does make good use of feedback on occassion so who knows. I'll have to investigate further.

Trev

Iago
August 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Lord.. that was amazing.. thanks for posting that Tone.

warren0728
August 22nd, 2006, 03:37 PM
both versions were great....but what is hotter than a cute asian girl playing the heck out of Little Wing :DR

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
both versions were great....but what is hotter than a cute asian girl playing the heck out of Little Wing :DR

*nods* thats what I'm sayin'. :DR

t_ross33
August 22nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
both versions were great....but what is hotter than a cute asian girl playing the heck out of Little Wing

hmmm...there's places this could go, but at the risk of becoming too politically incorrect I'm just gonna leave that one alone :D *dirty little mind whirling uncontrollably*

But I will say this, "Guitar Chicks ROCK!" :cool:

Man, you guys make it had to concentrate: between guitar chicks and tremoloman's silver bullets we're gonna have to change the focus of this forum :p

Tone2TheBone
August 22nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
I'm really very tempted to plug my daughter's Martin Auditorium Acoustic/Electric into the Bad Monkey and see what happens. What do you guys think.....Peavey Classic 30 or Marshall for this one? :)

warren0728
August 22nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
well i'm a peavey classic fan so that's where my vote goes....

ww

SuperSwede
August 23rd, 2006, 12:09 AM
Tone, Valve Jr of course ;)

Guitar-Chris
August 23rd, 2006, 12:23 AM

I love it. As i posted on June 12th here

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=901

:D

SuperSwede
August 23rd, 2006, 06:48 AM
Ehrm... I must have missed it last time :D

Guitar-Chris
August 23rd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Ehrm... I must have missed it last time :D

Doesn't matter. I would like it if posted twice a week.... :p Cool stuff.

Tone2TheBone
August 23rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Well I must have missed that too. Sorry GC. The Korean girl was new though I think.

Guitar-Chris
August 23rd, 2006, 08:41 AM
Well I must have missed that too. Sorry GC. The Korean girl was new though I think.

I only said this to emphasize, that we have the same taste, waht cool music means. You are not bliged to read any of my posts. :rolleyes:

Hm, and the girl, i thoght i saw this here before, but i'm not sure. It could be another board.