PDA

View Full Version : Blues turnaround lesson 3

Robert
August 13th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Here you go, hope you find it useful.

gtJG6u944q4

bigG
August 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Nicely done, Robert! I'm gettin' this turnaround thing down, man! Thanks for the vids! Once you understand the concept, it's not hard at all to find alot of variations on your own. I also really liked your last turnaround vid. I think that's the one that really broke it wide open for me! :master:

I also like the two I've seen posted on here, done by Arlen Roth (especially the one he calls the "Ray Charles Turnaround"). And Andy Aledort demos quite a few on his DVDs.

I'm developing a virtual arsenal of turnarounds, man...an arsenal, I tell ya! :bravo:

Thanks for helpin' me move along and become a better player, Roberto!

marnold
August 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Nice one, sat right down and learned it. Just have to woodshed it a bit.

Robert
August 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks guys, hope it was useful to ya! Now, your job is to transpose this lick to a whole different key! That means no open E string like in this example... can you figure it out? I will add Tab on my website for how to play it in the key of A within a few weeks.

Jimi75
August 14th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Robert, your guitar vocabulary is amazing! Every lick that you show can be applied immediately in practical situations.

I really make great use of your blues lessons. Being the only guitar player in a "smoking" blues band I enjoy adding your licks to my blues library.

This is an honest :master: and thank you.

Jimi75

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Awesome, I love these lessons, and I will try to transpose it. Maybe into A first, then G.

Robert
August 21st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Glad you liked it. Next, I think I will do a turnaround I've heard SRV do, although I bet he didn't come up with it himself.

otaypanky
August 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM
cool!