PDA

View Full Version : Donte Stallworth Suspended

piebaldpython
August 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Donte Stallworth was suspended by the NFL for one year without pay.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/sports&id=6963035

Let's see....he plead guilty, so he did the right thing there and has already served his time in jail......he settled with the family so he doesn't have to go thru some painful (to the family) and protracted "wrongful death" suit later on.

To me a layman.....it seems that he screwed up big-time and seemingly has done the right thing to society in general and the man's family specifically.

Hmmmmmmm......so I'm musing that the one year might be punitive???

duhvoodooman
August 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Somebody is dead because of his irresponsibility. I'd say that with a 30 day jail sentence and a year out of the NFL, he's getting off VERY lightly.

R_of_G
August 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
i agree with dvm

and yes, it is punitive

he deserves to be punished

someone died because of him

tunghaichuan
August 13th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I agree with R_of_G and DVM. If it were up to me, he'd be busting up rocks for the next 15 to 20 years. As it stands, he got a light slap on the wrist and can go on with his multi-millionaire lifestyle as though nothing happened after a year.

tung

SharkUSMC
August 14th, 2009, 05:33 AM
It seems to me the only thing even remotely approaching justice in this case will be the weight on his conscience if he even has one left.

He is getting off lightly indeed.

peachhead
August 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I dont think any of us would be going back to our regular job, if we had done the same thing. Much less one that pays as much as the NFL. I think he should be out, period.
But then again I think the same thing about Michael Vick. It makes me sick that he's back in the NFL.

Sorry, rant over.

just strum
August 15th, 2009, 05:52 AM
I dont think any of us would be going back to our regular job, if we had done the same thing. Much less one that pays as much as the NFL. I think he should be out, period.
But then again I think the same thing about Michael Vick. It makes me sick that he's back in the NFL.

Sorry, rant over.

Maybe he will become Michael Vick's favorite receiver, I don't see the Browns keeping him.

Brian Krashpad
August 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Screw all these NFL players, and the horses they rode in on.

I'm sick to death of their irresponsibility and criminal behavior.

He can dig ditches for the rest of his life for all I care. No offense to any honest ditch diggers intended.