PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul RIP

ZMAN
August 14th, 2009, 05:57 AM
A little tribute to the man who influenced us all in some way.AP7qI5RVtxw&feature=fvw

bedroom rocker
August 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
r.i.p to one of the finest innovators in the musical industry, who not only influenced rock, but created it :rockon: hes up there teaching god a few chords

bedroom rocker
August 14th, 2009, 07:33 AM
A little tribute to the man who influenced us all in some way.AP7qI5RVtxw&feature=fvw

a fine tribute zman, good on him

ZMAN
August 14th, 2009, 08:26 AM
h2FeKf7UUcQLester William Polsfuss, known as Les Paul (June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009) was a musician and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar which "made the sound of rock and roll possible."[1] He is credited with inventing or discovering many recording innovations including overdubbing (also known as sound on sound),[2] delay effects such as tape delay, phasing effects, and multitrack recording.[3]

A lot of people only know him for his name on the Guitar. I don't think a lot of people realize how much of an inventor he was.

bigG
August 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
ZMAN. that's a great vid! (Both of 'em!) You hit the nail right on the head w this post! Thanks! :bravo:

ZMAN
August 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I have been a big fan of his since I saw a vid a number of years ago where he had a little box on the bottom of his guitar that was hooked up backstage to a multi track recorder. While he was talking he kept recording track after track and played it back and it was absolutely amazing!

tot_Ou_tard
August 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Rest in Peace Lester.

Thanks!

7iGXP_UBog4

7UvXr2e9DwU

Here's another documentary

qZ_5ubk2H4k

hubberjub
August 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I was at a Phish concert last night and they announced it onstage. What a bummer. I always told myself that I needed to see him play before he died but it didn't happen. The guy was a genius.

msteeln
August 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hes up there teaching god a few chordsIt'd be great to see God get a painful hand cramp!
But, I'll pass and wait for my time...