PDA

View Full Version : Hey Marnold, Lions on the way to victory number two!!!

just strum
August 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
They play Cleveland next week. If the Lions lose, you are in for another long season. I know it's only preseason, but a win is a win. Cleveland is still trying to find the end zone.

marnold
August 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Well, I watched the beginning of the Packers/Browns game. The Browns moved the ball pretty well, but just couldn't find the end zone. I want to see what Stafford can do if they have the Brothers Johnson in the lineup. I tell you this: Calvin wouldn't have dropped five passes that hit him in the hands. Hopefully old Matty has learned now that if a play is just blowing up, toss it into the stands. A pick-six is A Bad Thing. Give the kid credit though--he came back an orchestrated an 80 yard TD drive.

If you are asking yourself, "Hey, is Rev. Rawk desperately looking for anything positive?" The answer would be a resounding "yes." Let's also not forget that the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason last year.

In that Packers/Browns tilt they had a wonderful "stat that should mean something but absolutely doesn't." The announcers mentioned that the Packers were one of only three teams in the NFL last year that scored every time they were in a goal-to-go situation. The others? The Lions and Bengals.

marnold
August 22nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
You were saying, Strummy?

just strum
August 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
I forgot they were playing. Just ran in the other room to take a peak. Apparently someone is playing good, or the Lions just aren't playing.

You have 5 minutes in the first half and all of the second half. Remember we are talking the Browns here. If you are only down by 40, still have two minutes in the game, you have a chance.:thwap: