PDA

View Full Version : Dyno tuned the race car today!

sumitomo
August 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Shut down the shop and took my little 88 honda crx over to the dyno in Eugene to tune it(with a laptop)also took my daughter so it was a good day!The car came out at 193hp.and 143lbs torque the the wheels.I was having probs comming out out a tight turn and putting the pedal to her and come on baby let's go and bogg,bogg.Well that's gone now and we stopped by Hoodoo ski area where we race at(we rent their big parking lot and make a course with cones,autocross)on the way home and unloaded the car to well try her out alittle.My daughter dosent like the races because they wont let her ride cause she's 9 and she needs to be 12,but they let her race the go carts there.Anyway she comes of a tight turn and hang on the afterburners are lit,don't believe me?Just ask my daughter!This weekend is going to be FUN!Sumi:D:AOK: :dude:

Rampant
August 19th, 2009, 04:27 AM
That's good numbers from an '88 CRX

Must feel sweeeeeeet :D

Kazz
August 19th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Eugene was the closest dyno you could get on? That is a pretty nice drive from Bend. Did you happen to take spin down Willamette St? I used to work for Harry Ritchie's / Don's Jewelers when I lived out there.

sumitomo
August 19th, 2009, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=Rampant]That's good numbers from an '88 CRX

This is a B-20 (2 liter) block that I built up,naturally aspriated.I have about 10 grand in the car.But the rush is awesome.Is it friday yet? Sumi:D

sumitomo
August 19th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Eugene was the closest dyno you could get on? That is a pretty nice drive from Bend. Did you happen to take spin down Willamette St? I used to work for Harry Ritchie's / Don's Jewelers when I lived out there.

I don't know Eugene that well.It was off 11th st.I think west of downtown.I had my readin glasses half cocked on so I could read the mapquest and drive at the same time.LOL Sumi:D Is it Friday yet?

Kazz
August 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
ahh West 11th..I used to live just off there after my divorce. Say....since you are in Bend....how bout hooking me up with a World Famous Orbit Burger :-) I miss those

sumitomo
August 24th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Wooooooo! Yea! now that's what I'm talkin about.The car did great this weekend.Everyone had a good time,that's the only time I go to a ski area,in the summer to race cars,camp and swim in the lake.In the winter I go south or indoor where it's warm(momma didn't raise no fool!) Sumi:D