PDA

View Full Version : In My Dream

marnold
August 18th, 2009, 07:12 PM
OK, I had a very bizarre dream last night. I was playing bass for Dokken at a very small show. I was playing bass, even though Jeff Pilson was there. He's the only member of the group I talked to. George was playing guitar. Don Dokken was looking like a load and was more interested in talking than playing any songs. We were playing through rented gear that was beyond crappy. I do remember that I was playing a Peavey bass like the one I used have except with a single super-ferrite pickup. The bridge appeared to be pulling away from the body. I was able to fake my way through the bass parts.

Eventually I realized I had my DK2M in my hands. We broke into a Metallica song (don't know why, can't remember which one it was) as I ran around like a madman as I was playing. We got to the solo part when I realized I didn't know the solo. So I winged it. It absolutely ripped.

At the end it was like I was watching what appeared to be a bootleg DVD of the performance. At the end there was a track listing. Of the 12 tracks we played, three had names. The rest were "??????????" because Don was blabbering and no one was sure what the heck we were playing.

I have no idea where any of this came from.

Suhnton
August 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Interpretation:

You have a subconscious desire to wear women's wigs. Please consult your priest... oh wait....

Kazz
August 19th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Interpretation:

You have a subconscious desire to wear women's wigs. Please consult your priest... oh wait....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Robert
August 19th, 2009, 06:33 AM
When I read the title, I thought you had learned to play a new Roy Orbison song. :)

Brian Krashpad
August 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
It means you had pizza for dinner that night.

Jimi75
August 20th, 2009, 02:12 AM
It means you had pizza for dinner that night.

There's an Italian saying that goes something like "The hotter you evening meal, the wilder your dreams".

So it must have been a pizza with a lot of pepperoni and chili on it.

kiteman
August 20th, 2009, 06:18 AM
If you want to dream in colors eat ice cream. :)

Jimi75
August 20th, 2009, 06:22 AM
If you want to dream in colors eat ice cream. :)

Ice cream and some of these:

http://www.ewallpapers.eu/uploads/1496668483_thumb_.jpg

kiteman
August 20th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Whew! That reminds of a certain cactus. :beer:

marnold
August 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Actually, I went out for dinner with a classmate of mine to celebrate 15 years since we graduated from Sem. I had beef tips on noodles--nothing spicy there. The place was, however, a brewpub. I just may have had a beer or three.

kiteman
August 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Actually, I went out for dinner with a classmate of mine to celebrate 15 years since we graduated from Sem. I had beef tips on noodles--nothing spicy there. The place was, however, a brewpub. I just may have had a beer or three.

or 6 or 9... :D