PDA

View Full Version : Otis Day and the Knights

sunvalleylaw
August 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Jimi75 inspired me with his post of Igor Prado Band to post this "movie band" from the old Animal House film, featuring Robert Cray on bass guitar before he was famous. I always loved the music from this film. Note how Robert Cray is purely a guy in the background at this point in his career. Amazing!

6tASwgOWALs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tASwgOWALs&feature=related
Pretty cool that they included the whole song in the movie.

This one is a big favorite as I love the old school swing of it. The vid is "messed up" in a creative way by these folks for their wedding, but the song is all there.
RixnR1k1Ldk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RixnR1k1Ldk

Brian Krashpad
August 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I always thought that guitarist looked familiar, but I could never place him!

Animal House is one of my fave films, for sure. At one point I even owned "The Animal House Book," which contains the full story intended to be filmed. There was a whole subplot about pep pills that got cut out of the film-- there's one fleeting reference to it in the trial scene.

Spudman
August 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Isn't Cray playing bass on that clip?

sunvalleylaw
August 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Oops, yes, I meant bass guitar. :p :D I thought that headstock looked big. :thwap: :rotflmao:

peachhead
August 19th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I saw Otis and the Knights when I was in college. Having watched Animal House any number of times by then, I had a great time. Thanks for bringing that memory up! :D

sumitomo
August 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM
By the looks of your avatar peachhead it brought up more than a memory! Sumi:D:D

Jimi75
August 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks for this one! Excellent pick SVL!!!

evenkeel
August 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Great piece of trivia!! :bravo:

Terrific post.

peachhead
August 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
By the looks of your avatar peachhead it brought up more than a memory! Sumi:D:D

It was a good night, what more can I say? :D