PDA

View Full Version : 2 pedals from DuhVoodooMan showed up today....

Robert
August 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Dang, DVM, I'm turning into your poster boy! :D I now have 3 DVM creations on my pedalboard.

I got the Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk II today, all painted and purdy. It says serial #2 on the bag, is dat true?

Next in my goodie bag is DVM's "Auto-eWAHtica", an envelope filter.

I took both downstairs for the usual "Lunch Quickie" (tm) and dang, it sounded good! :dude:

That ZYS is fantastic through any amp. The envelope filter is fun but it takes some getting used to. It has quite a few settings (typical DVM style) and flippin' da switches and tweakin' da knobs make for different sounds. Very cool sounds nonetheless. I was funkin' around for a good while at lunch today - awesome stuff! :rockon:

ibanezjunkie
August 19th, 2009, 04:42 PM
DVM should send you a T-shirt so you can wear it when you play infront of people, and sell his stuff for him :)

sumitomo
August 19th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Nope he can't do that,cause that would hide the thong he wears with his logo on it.Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
August 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM
Dang, DVM, I'm turning into your poster boy! I now have 3 DVM creations on my pedalboard.
And this would constitute a problem in what regard? ;)

I got the Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk II today, all painted and purdy. It says serial #2 on the bag, is dat true?
True dat! That was the second unit I made in the new Mark II configuration. #1 belongs to SharkUSMC. You Fret.net old-timers had your shot at buying #1 but a relative newcomer zipped in there and aced you all out.... :poke: :nono:

Next in my goodie bag is DVM's "Auto-eWAHtica", an envelope filter. I took both downstairs for the usual "Lunch Quickie" (tm) and dang, it sounded good!
What else didja expect??? :thwap: ;)

That ZYS is fantastic through any amp.
No argument from me there! I defy anyone to find a better Tube Screamer-style overdrive than the ZYS Mark II. Great TS tone and super flexible with the different clipping settings, the bass EQ toggle, and the boost that can be switched in front of or behind the OD stage. :rockon:

The envelope filter is fun but it takes some getting used to. It has quite a few settings (typical DVM style) and flippin' da switches and tweakin' da knobs make for different sounds. Very cool sounds nonetheless. I was funkin' around for a good while at lunch today - awesome stuff!
That envelope filter (a.k.a. "autowah") is a very interesting effect to fool around with. I find that striking a note and then sweepeing the Range pot is a good way to find where the wah effect is going to be most pronounced. Depending upon the guitar/pickup selected, it varies quite a bit, and any other effects in front of it will make a strong impact, too. Switching to "Fixed" mode and playing around with the Manual knob is fun, too. You can "park" the wah effect, just like leaving the pedal on a regular wah in one position, and use that to accentuate a narrow frequency range. :dude:

BTW, most of the features on that pedal come "stock" with the BYOC kit. The only thing I add is a 2-way toggle switch that changes the frequency range of the filter "notch"--basically two different "Q" settings, in wah parlance.

marnold
August 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
OK, I'm confused. I thought you already did a video with the ZYS Mk II?

duhvoodooman
August 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
OK, I'm confused. I thought you already did a video with the ZYS Mk II?
Two things you didn't know, Marnold:

When I first sent it to him, it was for demo purposes only; he hadn't decided to buy it at that point. But he liked it so much...
It also hadn't been painted & decaled yet, 'cuz that doesn't help for demos! So he sent it back, I did the finishing, and then shipped it back along with the env. filter.

marnold
August 22nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Two things you didn't know, Marnold:

When I first sent it to him, it was for demo purposes only; he hadn't decided to buy it at that point. But he liked it so much...
It also hadn't been painted & decaled yet, 'cuz that doesn't help for demos! So he sent it back, I did the finishing, and then shipped it back along with the env. filter.

Whew! I thought I was losing it.

Or losing it further, whichever.

rylanmartin
September 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM
My two DVM pedals just came today. I almost broke my jaw already from the boyish smile on my face today.