PDA

View Full Version : anybody used the fender bassman pedal from boss?

birv2
August 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I just bought one of these on ebay. I know it's gotten mixed reviews. I tried the FDR-1 pedal myself and took it back. It just didn't work for me. However, several months ago I tried the FBM in a local store and really liked how it sounded. Of course, that was not on my guitar through my amp.

Of course, I'm not expecting to get a Bassman in a pedal, but I'm curious if people have used it and how they set it up.

Bob

sunvalleylaw
August 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM
No, I have not, but I am curious about them, and wonder how one would sound through my C-30. I am interested in hearing how you like yours and how it affects your amph.

birv2
August 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
It's coming in the mail tomorrow, so I'll be able to post something this weekend.

markb
August 21st, 2009, 04:13 AM
If it sounds anything like the tweed model in the Cube amps (and I can't see why it shouldn't) it'll be a bit honky on its own but sit in a band setting wonderfully. A bit like a TS808, really.

birv2
August 21st, 2009, 04:41 AM
If it sounds anything like the tweed model in the Cube amps (and I can't see why it shouldn't) it'll be a bit honky on its own but sit in a band setting wonderfully. A bit like a TS808, really.

Just curious -- why would it sound like the tweed model in the Cube amps? Do they both use the same technology?

And can you explain or describe "honky"?

Thanks.

markb
August 21st, 2009, 11:57 PM
Just curious -- why would it sound like the tweed model in the Cube amps? Do they both use the same technology?

And can you explain or describe "honky"?

Thanks.

They're both Roland COSM Fender Bassman models so I'd expect at least a family resemblance. Honky = pronounced mid hump a la Tube Screamer.

birv2
August 22nd, 2009, 04:30 AM
They're both Roland COSM Fender Bassman models so I'd expect at least a family resemblance. Honky = pronounced mid hump a la Tube Screamer.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I've always wondered!