PDA

View Full Version : the house band on rockstar supernova..

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 23rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
I was never one to watch the american idol , talent show thing , however i was channell surfing last night and caught the show Rock Star Supernova , if your not familiar with it , its a competition where singers try to win the job to front this new band Supernova , Tommy Lee , Gilby clarke, Jason Newstead , and Dave Navaro ... anyway the house band that these singers play with are amazing , and the tone that the guitar players have is killer , they perform five or six various songs per night and they nail the original sound of the song ... the stage gear is very cool too , lots of historic gibsons and fenders , and walls of bogner and matchless ,check it out if you get a chance ..6S9L

Tone2TheBone
August 23rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
What nights and on what network? I dug the house band during the INXS program. They nailed perfect covers of songs we all know.

Nelskie
August 23rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
*ahem* Let's not forget that the show is hosted by the lovely & talented Brooke Burke. ;) I've caught a couple episodes of the show, and would agree that its pretty cool. I think the fact that these guys are hard rock veterans, and showmen themselves, has kept things on a more "entertaining" level - especially from the musical end of things. Of course, this is TV, so there's bound to be some of that.

All things considered, Supernova comes off well, and you're right - the house band is totally smokin'!

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 23rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Cant Remember The Network .. But Its On Again Tonight .. Emmm At 10 Pm Eastern I Think ... I Hope They Kick That ...opps I Dont Realy Watch It , Seriously I Dont .. Brook Burke ...i Watch ..

Tone2TheBone
August 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
The exotic looking Brooke Burke? Thank God for women eh. :)

t_ross33
August 23rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
I liked the fact that most, if not all the contestants on Rockstar were active performers and musicians pursuing careers in music in spite of the show, unlike Amateur Idol were every Hung, Dick and Harry think they can sing! Mass media pablum being spooned (shovelled) down our throats. *but I digress...*

That houseband on Rockstar kicks A$$! I want to be just like them when I grow up.

Robert
August 23rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
I watched it tonight, pretty cool guitar gear on that stage. Seem like a lot of different kinds of amps.

Did you see that Iceland singer do his version if Jimi's "Fire"? It was awesome! Except for the singer should held a Strat instead of a Les Paul...

Iago
August 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Supernova?? i remember a californian "skaterock" band called like that..

This show must be cool.. bad i dont watch tv at all... though i saw one a couple times called "Supergroup" with Sebastian Bach, Ted Nugent, Scott Ian, Jason Bonham and a bass player from some metal band (cant remember his name now...) where they were literally put in a mansion and told to make a record together...the music wasnt that great but it was funny though