PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

Ron D
August 20th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone.
I didn't realize I was supposed to come here before posting on of the topics.
I just got blasted by one of the "senior" members for posting what he considered "spam". (Not my intention, I assure you!)

I've been playing for over 40 years. Around 30 of those professionally.
I have a degree in music, specializing in Jazz.
I make my living teaching guitar at a local guitar shop, and have been teaching for over 25 years.

I'm a big Blues fan, especially modern players like Robben Ford. I look forward to communicating with other old timers and young players who have "done their homework".

Cheers, Ron

Robert
August 20th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hi Ron, nice to meet ya! I have done some of my home work (I like improvising over standards). Wow, a jazz degree? Impressive! Hope you can share some of your vast knowledge with us mortals! :)

mrmudcat
August 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Welcome!

sunvalleylaw
August 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Welcome Ron! I am sure you will like it here, and get used to the culture quite quickly. Very impressive by the way! I can't wait until I get chance to check out some of your recordings. I myself am middle aged, but a young player, having started playing only relatively recently. There are a lot of folks like that here. Thanks for joining in!

deeaa
August 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome Ron! Pretty new here meself but it's sure been nice so far!

wingsdad
August 20th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome aboard, Ron.:)

Good to see you're level-headed, for a jazz guy. :poke: ;)

Looking forward to your knowledge.

bigG
August 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Welcome, Ron!

marnold
August 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone.
I didn't realize I was supposed to come here before posting on of the topics.
I just got blasted by one of the "senior" members for posting what he considered "spam". (Not my intention, I assure you!)
First of all, welcome to our merry group of, um, whatever it is we are here.

Whenever someone with a first post is talking about something for sale, the fear immediately is that the post is spam or astroturfing. An intro post just shows that you're a real person :)

Ron D
August 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome everybody.
I look forward to communicating with you all.
Don't be to impressed by the credentials... you don't learn how to PLAY music at school!
Cheers,

luvmyshiner
August 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
Welcome aboard Ron.

duhvoodooman
August 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Ron. Always great to have an experienced player joining us! :AOK: :dude: :beer:

evenkeel
August 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the group. :beer:

birv2
August 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
Welcome Ron. Don't worry about the first post. We're glad to have you here.

Bob

player
August 23rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome Ron. Don't worry about the first post. We're glad to have you here.

Bob
Ditto Ron.(orignally words of marnold) welcome to our merry group of, um, whatever it is we are here. excellent question Rev :D

Monkus
August 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM
welcome Ron !

Algonquin
August 25th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome Ron.
Always good to have another Fretter from the Great White North around here :AOK:
Cheers :beer:

ibanezjunkie
August 25th, 2009, 02:06 PM
you can get a degree in jazz? i thought you just played with your eyes shut :rotflmao:

joking. Bill Bailey has influenced my fragile mind. anyhoo, welcome aboard.

Ron D
August 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=ibanezjunkie]you can get a degree in jazz? i thought you just played with your eyes shut :rotflmao:

Wow! You know the secret... you must have one too! LMAO

tunghaichuan
August 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=ibanezjunkie]you can get a degree in jazz? i thought you just played with your eyes shut :rotflmao:

Wow! You know the secret... you must have one too! LMAO

Welcome Ron.

I thought the secret of jazz was when playing a wrong note, you just play it again and the audience will think that you meant to play that way. :D

Seriously, I wish I had the chops of doom that most jazz guys have.

tung

Ron D
August 26th, 2009, 10:45 PM
WOW! Thanks again for the welcome. I was a little concerned at first, but you guys have made me feel right at home! I'm no expert, but if I can be of any help, especially on "things theoretical", let me know.
Cheers, Ron

player
August 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM
we will keep that in mind Ron should theoretical things occur.glad you feel betta now life is too short to sweat the small stuff :D