PDA

View Full Version : Birthday present surprise.

street music
August 23rd, 2009, 05:14 AM
You may read where I was having some GAS for another purchase. Well since our son had come in for my birthday and he decided to run over to the guitar shop in West virginia with me. Well I took my other G-series Takamine along with me and my son new that I had been wanting to upgrade to a pro series Takamine and get one that came with a hard case so-my son ask to see which one it was
http://www.takamine.com/?fa=hires&mid=2416

And to make along story short- I came home with it thanks to him.It has a very sweet sound sound already.

duhvoodooman
August 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Sweet! I'd keep that kid, if I was you! :AOK: :dude: :beer:

oldguy
August 23rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Ah.....that answers my question from your Happy B-Day thread...........and I agree, I'd keep that kid around as much as possible, he has excellent judgement.

bigG
August 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM
street, those Takamine's are fine guitars! Nice looker there for sure and no doubt sounds great! Nice son you have there, too! Good stuff! :bravo:

evenkeel
August 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
Very nice Street. Gotta love those top of the line Taks.

Terrific electronics. :bravo: :bravo:

luvmyshiner
August 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Very nice Street!

sunvalleylaw
August 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Congrats Street! Like I said in your Bday thread, I am on a long term quest for a new acoustic. I like what i have seen and heard about the Takamine line, but there are no dealers around here. I do not want to buy online. Tell me about yours please! I was liking the look of the one Jimi75 got a while back, which is kinda like this if not the same: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--TAKEG363SC I am stuck on a Martinish rosewood/spruce sound, and Takamine used to make a really good Martin clone.

street music
August 23rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
The son ( Kodiak) does very well with the selection process, because he says Dad you seen any new guitars that you like. And so it goes from there. This has to be one of the best sounding Cedar top acoustic -electric models that I have ever had my hands on, it only took about three minutes for it to take control me and the factory setup was excellent. Plugged in you soon find out where Takamine excells over the other brands as this pro series is just that, a purchase that you will keep for a lifetime. It has so a great clean clear tone that with a little reverb & delay just begs to be played over and over. I'm still getting the hang of the bar chords and playing up and down the neck but it was a huge step up from my G-Series and the fact that it comes with a great Takamine hard case was a huge plus. The satin finish I am told will age into a master piece and grain in the body is beautiful. Yes, I'm happy with it and I would suggest that if you haven't looked at one locally then check out SweetWater.com and their policy on being satisfied with your purchase. If I didn't have such a great local dealer I would have wanted to deal with them or ZZOUNDS as they both are great on line dealers.
Look at how many stage players rely on Takamine guitars and talk to those who own them. I can't really afford to put the dollars into the high priced Martin, Gibson, Taylors but I can sure enough playing a great affordable guitar from another manufacture.

Kazz
August 23rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Very nice guitar Street...

wingsdad
August 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Awesome son :) awesome guitar, street:AOK:

As good as Tak G-Series guitars are, you've now got a Nouveau/Santa Fe level Tak, and there's a huge difference. Korea/China Tak G-Series vs. Santa Fe Japan.Kinda like the difference between Epiphone & Gibson, Squier & Fender. I have 2 Santa Fe's, very different from each other. My newer one has the CT4B preamp that yours has. Great stuff. The cool thing is the preamps are modular in this series. You can go to town (or crazy) messing with that. I've swapped my 2 preamps back & forth just to see (hear). There IS a difference.

Congrats, my friend. It's a lifer.;)

street music
August 23rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks Wingsdad,
Yes, I know the upgrade was well worth it, the CT4B is so amazing for its tuning and pitch adjustments that I will need to learn more about as I gain experience. I'm just amazed at the variations this guitar produces with the change of picks as compared to the my other one. I know the difference was apparent from my first strumming. Then when my son said I think this one sounds like a high dollar Martin and I saw him talking with the shop owner I new I was a had Dad.

wingsdad
August 23rd, 2009, 05:24 PM
... I'm just amazed at the variations this guitar produces with the change of picks as compared to the my other one. I know the difference was apparent from my first strumming...
Street, that's how you know you've moved from a GOOD acoustic to a GREAT acoustic. It's the subtle differences like that, and they come from better woods ...not all cedar, spruce, mahogany is created equal..there are quality grades... (like with beef :thwap: ) and the thickness & position of bracings, kerfing, etc. And with an acoustic/electric, Takamine's high-end pickups and preamps on guitars like yours rival any.

...Then when my son said I think this one sounds like a high dollar Martin and I saw him talking with the shop owner I new I was a had Dad
:) :beer: :bravo:

Kodiak3D
August 23rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
I wish I could take all the credit, but I helped. Happy birthday, Dad :-)

street music
August 24th, 2009, 04:42 AM
You did son, your mom wants to know how much you paid. I'm not talking about it.

Kodiak3D
August 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM
You did son, your mom wants to know how much you paid. I'm not talking about it.

Probably safer for both of us that way.

Monkus
August 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
those two last posts are such an "awwww..." moment. Happy birthday and break her in gently.

street music
August 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I think it's the thought that counts, of course the price of the gift has value too.

wingsdad
August 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Yo, street :)
Stopped in at my Local GAS Station with my granddaughters in tow on Friday, and lo & behold, they'd just gotten in a batch of new Taks & Jasmines, and there, in the glass display case (reserved for the 2 best acoustics on-hand) was 'your' 340 :thwap:

Took her out and gave her a little whirl. :D

Man, no wonder you're happier than a pig in shi....slop.:AOK:

street music
August 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, I'm enjoying this Tak. It is sweet and through this new guitar Kodiak has renewed his desire to play and that means a lot to have him playing again.

Kodiak3D
August 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
After the disagreement I had with my former guitar teacher, I really lost a lot of interest in playing. I kept my guitars, however, as I knew I'd eventualy want to get back to it...and I have :D