PDA

View Full Version : Xaviere XV-500 and/or 700 series

Kodiak3D
August 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Just out of morbid curiosity, has anyone heard/played either of these? I've been away from the strings for a bit, but after strumming around on dad's axes this weekend, I decided to get mine back out and play a bit. I had been looking at these a while back but never heard much about them. Both of my electrics have GFS pups in them, so I know those are good. The Xaviere's seem to have a good reputation, but I wanted to see if anyone had any firsthand knowledge.

street music
August 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'm surprised no one has replied to this.

sunvalleylaw
August 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Sorry, I don't know of anyone who has. The Xavieres I have seen discussed here seem to be of the tele or semi-hollow variety.

Dauntless
August 27th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I've got a 560 that I like!
P-90s and all that.

Mike S.
August 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
My first post people. I had to reply as I saw this inquiry while lurking, and this is currently on my mind.

I have one, well actually the XV-510 (quilted maple veneer over solid maple top) model, in Lemon Drop finish. The guitar is astonishing for the money (and a good guitar at any price really), with nice woods, finishing, and more than acceptable hardware. Some may find the need to change the tuners, but they upgraded them in the last year from the previous versions, so I'm keeping mine as is. Hey they work fine.

The pickups are much better than the ones on my Agile 2000. I like GFS pickups (My GFS Vintage Noiseless Hot Lead single coils are WAY better than my FENDER Noiseless for example, at less than a third of the price).
Again, some may choose to change them out for their own preference, but this isn't any different than what happens to even top of the line guitar purchases. I'm more than happy with the equipped Crunchy pups for a sub $500 guitar, and some priced even higher. YMMV.

Expect some tweaking in the setup and action department. The action is set a bit high, and I recommend changing out the strings right away. Again, not unusual for a new guitar of any make/model. The fretwork and neck feel is wonderful, at least on my example.

I'd have no problem recommending this LP knockoff to anyone who wants a solid, well made LP model, but doesn't have or want to spend $2,000 to $3,000 on one. These are WAY better than most Epiphone models at even double the cost of the 500/700 models. Same can be said of the Agile 2000, and most definitely the 3000 guitars, which are quite nice as well.

How anyone can offer this much for so little money is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. Asian (non Japanese that is. The Japanese have been making good instruments for years) made guitars in this price range have REALLY come a long way in the last few years, at least the Xaviere and Agile lines impress me in this fashion.

Nice forum BTW, and I'm pleased to be a part of it.

Cheers.

Brian Krashpad
August 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Welcome Mike! Thanks for the input.

Consider saying hello in "The Fret Players" forum, that's set up specifically for introduction posts and welcomes.

Kodiak3D
August 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Mike S. Can't decide if I like the 500 or the 700 better, but I'm leaning toward the 500.

peachhead
August 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Welcome Mike! Thanks for the input.

Consider saying hello in "The Fret Players" forum, that's set up specifically for introduction posts and welcomes.

What he said. :D welcome Mike!

Mike S.
August 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks, Mike S. Can't decide if I like the 500 or the 700 better, but I'm leaning toward the 500.

Hi Kodiak,

I'd suggest the 500, as it comes much closer to the original proportions of a proper LP. I confess that I haven't played an example of the 700, but I was slightly put off actually with the slimmed down body specs.

If weight is of supreme importance to your back etc. then I can understand the need for the 700, otherwise.......

BTW,

Thank you for the nice welcome, I'll saunter over to the Introductions area and do my bit.

Kodiak3D
August 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Kodiak,

I'd suggest the 500, as it comes much closer to the original proportions of a proper LP.

Those were my thoughts as well.

M29
October 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Just looking at the Xaviere XV-550 in Guitar Player and wondered if anyone had any experience with this model? Sound? Playability? Man the price is something else. The pictures are enticing. Nah I really don't need another guitar.......:rotflmao:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nexvcamatose.html

The 560 with P90's looks interesting as well. I have really been enjoying my semi hollow Jay Turser with P90's.

Pickngrin
October 2nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
Holy smokes...only $239!

M29
October 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah! My wallet is creaking.