PDA

View Full Version : It seems like only yesterday

just strum
August 24th, 2009, 05:14 PM
When us northerners were wishing for Spring and Summer. I noticed that the tails or feathers on the ornamental grass was starting to bloom and that is a sign up here that the weather will be changing soon (sooner than I would like).

I just went out to the backyard and took some pics. Here is a small sample of the shots I took.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/House/Yard/001.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/House/Yard/002.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/House/Yard/006.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/House/Yard/003.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/House/Yard/012.jpg

sumitomo
August 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Nice flower garden Strum,Yep the weather is changing.Fri was camping with the daughter up at the races,froze our butts off everything was iceeeee,but Sat it didn't freeze like that.Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
August 24th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah, well it's almost Sept., so kiss that **** goodbye.... ;)

P.S. Nice garden, real purty! :AOK:

luvmyshiner
August 24th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Quitcherbichin dudes! We're pushin' into September and we're still riding 101 degrees at 6:30 in the evening!:reallymad:

sunvalleylaw
August 24th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Nice yard there Strummy!

street music
August 24th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Really nice flowers Strum, I guess someone has worked hard on that, our flower have really taken a hard hit with all the heat and rain too. It was 59 yesterday morning and got up to 82 today, we could be in for a early cold season. I hope people can afford those increases in the electric bills.

Childbride
August 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Quitcherbichin dudes! We're pushin' into September and we're still riding 101 degrees at 6:30 in the evening!:reallymad:

[sigh]

+ 1,000,000

i could show you pictures of what it looks like down here...

like someone took a blowtorch to the earth.

thoughts to anyone down here unfortunate/misguided enough to have leather seats. :rotflmao:

[edit: strummy, that obviously takes lots of time to take care of. kudos to your family for all the hard work. :) ]

just strum
August 24th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Most of the compliments go to my wife. I'm the weed man (no, not that weed) and spray and pull the vile weeds. I also do tractor duty (with clothes on) to cut the lawn twice a week.

The flowers have really have really filled in over the past couple of years. Between the beds reseeding themselves and my wife adding some, they are choking out the weeds and making my job easier.

There are other beds not in the photos because I have to admit the weeds beat me, but next year will be a different story. I also have wetlands on the property, so I am always fighting the high grass (12' to 15' high). I've surrendered some of the area back to the wetlands as it became too much of a battle. The other reason being that since it is wetlands I feel it should be left in a natural state so to be a great habitat for all sorts of critters.

The wetlands and State Park behind the house make for some good wildlife. However, we have black bear moving into the area from Pennsylvania. Two weeks ago a young guy in the next town hit one while driving to church. There were three spotted down on the campus where my son attends college (12 miles away). The State Park behind the house would be perfect for them to set up house.

sorry, got a little carried away with the babble.

pes_laul
August 24th, 2009, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=just strum] I'm the weed man (no, not that weed)[ /QUOTE]:rotflmao:

nice looking garden though man =]

luvmyshiner
August 24th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I also do tractor duty (with clothes on) . . .

Umm, what the hells wrong with you dude?:thwap:

just strum
August 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Umm, what the hells wrong with you dude?:thwap:

I know, I probably lost your respect. Wait, how the hell can I lose your respect, you have a tuner button up your nose.:poke:

I still have that pic on photobucket, I still lmao every time I see it.

luvmyshiner
August 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I know, I probably lost your respect. Wait, how the hell can I lose your respect, you have a tuner button up your nose.:poke:

At least I don't have to worry about anyone playing my girls. . . My nostril is the least offensive place I've had that tuner button.:messedup:

Childbride
August 24th, 2009, 07:35 PM
At least I don't have to worry about anyone playing my girls. . . My nostril is the least offensive place I've had that tuner button.:messedup:

yup. :eek:

Robert
August 24th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Shiner's guitar can't really be in tune anymore, can it?

Childbride
August 24th, 2009, 08:04 PM

kinda reminds me of that 70's commercial with the owl.

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

the world will never know. :D

piebaldpython
August 24th, 2009, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=just strum]
The wetlands and State Park behind the house make for some good wildlife. However, we have black bear moving into the area from Pennsylvania. Two weeks ago a young guy in the next town hit one while driving to church. There were three spotted down on the campus where my son attends college (12 miles away). The State Park behind the house would be perfect for them to set up house./QUOTE]

I love nature too........but......Strum.....dude, you DO NOT WANT black bears setting up camp right behind your house. They are lovable and cute.....and they can be dangerous too!! There's been some problems with them in some of the farther suburbs outside Philly. Tipping over trash/garbage cans and eating out of same. Once they recognize a "good" food source, they keep coming back again and again and again.

BTW, kudos on the flower beds. Really pretty.

Yeah, the Texans have their parched earth......but ya know.....I think I'd rather that than the mind-numbing frozen-to-the-bone cold of the Midwest in the winter during an Alberta Clipper. There is just something way wrong about having to put an electric heater coil in your car engine to keep it from freezing.

Thank the Lord I live in Philly. Yeah, we get HUMIDITY up the wazoo....but we generally don't get the brutal Heat/Cold that some of our Fretters live in. That of course, leaves us more time to kvetch over Important things........like our sports teams.

marnold
August 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Yes, it can, but you would be stunned to see the way that he has to tune it.

luvmyshiner
August 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Yes, it can, but you would be stunned to see the way that he has to tune it.

Hmmm, good point Rev. My proctologist hates me.:eek: