PDA

View Full Version : Longer goodbye from The Fret & Co

Jimi75
August 25th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hey friends,

I have made the decision to diminish the time I spend online by a minimum of 80%.

Not only do we move into the new apartment during september, but also my musical engagements require way more time than before, which is great of course.

I have reached a point on guitar related topics, where I have given my 0.2 cents to a whole bunch of OD pedals, effects, guitars, amps, musicians, guitarists etc.

I went through all the well known discussions about linking effects, number one guitars etc, more than once.

It always felt great to take part in a good online discussion, but after running in circles, I am kind of empty. No good output from Jimi75 at the moment.

Guitar playing and family life has never been more fun as it is right now. The real thing. I really enjoy it very much.

I realized having lost a lot of time online, although I am not a die hard surfer at all.

I want to play da gitah instead, or do something with the family and my kids.

Friends, for at least a few months I will be "outta" here.

Take care

Jimi75

Kazz
August 25th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I have been there myself Jimi.....take care of you and yours.

mrmudcat
August 25th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Well that sux ive enjoyed your personna brother ,you will be missed here!:master:

kiteman
August 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Naw, he'll be back. He can't leave his "family" here. :)

duhvoodooman
August 25th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Jimi, just do what you need to do and we'll be right here when you have time to get back again. :AOK:

Robert
August 25th, 2009, 07:08 AM
We'll be here for you when you get back! Enjoy whatever you do!

wingsdad
August 25th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Guitar playing and family life has never been more fun as it is right now. The real thing. I really enjoy it very much. ...
Wonderful, Jimi :bravo: All the best to you :beer:
If time allows a spare moment, just drop in now & then to update us on your success. :)

M29
August 25th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Prayers and mojo on your departure. Anxious for you to get back, your input and fellowship will be missed. :AOK:

sumitomo
August 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Jimi sent us a vid now and then of your playin,dont just get a Paula,a jtm45 tone monster and leave us flat(we need tone brother)but most of all follow your dreams and enjoy the time with your family.Sumi:D

piebaldpython
August 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Take good care of you and yours Jimi! Just know that if you ever want to chat gits.....there's a bunch of us here that would love to hear from you.

marnold
August 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a good plan, Jimi. Remember, though, you still owe me that beer at Uerige whenever I can get my rear end over to Duesseldorf!

I'd be a lot better player if I would play more instead of talking about playing so much.

Brian Krashpad
August 25th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Auf weidersehn!

C'mon back when you're ready.

bigG
August 25th, 2009, 09:01 AM
So long for now, Jimi. Sounds like you have a great life. Get out and live it! :beer:

SuperSwede
August 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Good luck with everything Jimi! :)

Viel bier und saurkraut mein freund!

Spudman
August 25th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Pop in from time to time. You never know when we'll be giving something away.;)

We'll be here for ya.

sunvalleylaw
August 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I will miss your presence here, you add a lot. But enjoy yourself and your family, and pop in when you feel like it! Cheers, friend! :beer:

jpfeifer
August 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Take care Jimi!

We all need more time in our days to focus on the important things. From time to time I've also dropped from the board simply because my work and family demands are too high to stay up to date.

Good luck in your endeavors, and send us some samples of your music now and then.

-- Jim

Monkus
August 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Safe journeys! We'll leave the lights on... :dude:

Blaze
August 25th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Have a good time ,wish you all the best..

Catch you later !

Blaze :AOK:

helliott
August 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
All the best, success and quality family time to you, sir. You are a great player.

Kazz
August 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I'd be a lot better player if I would play more instead of talking about playing so much.

That is signature material all day long bro.

street music
August 25th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Take care of things JIMI we will wait your return, family hangs together.

birv2
August 25th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I hear ya. I've felt lately that I'd get better if I actually played the guitar more and played with pedals less. Weird idea, eh?

Do what you gotta do, man. Stay in touch, and keep posting those vids.

Bob

tjcurtin1
August 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
All the best, Jimi - we've all enjoyed your company here, thanks for being such a great participant. Enjoy all the great stuff going on in your life!

peachhead
August 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Take care of yourself and your family. I have always enjoyed your posts.
Send us some of those great clips to enjoy once in a while!

Jimi75
August 26th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Thank you for your kind words and your understanding!

THE FRET is the best place on the net for me and there is no doubt that after my pause/break I will be back here.

Take care my friends

Jimi75

bigoldron
August 26th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Good luck to you Jimi! I've always enjoyed your posts! But, family and guitars should come before computer time. (I say this as I sit here typing this. duh...)

Anyway, we'll miss you, but hope that you'll rejoin us later. As they say in the Motel 6 commercials, "we'll leave the light on for you." :AOK: