PDA

View Full Version : need opinions on latest work

ibanezjunkie
August 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM
been working on bits for a couple of new songs recently, the one i need opinions on now is all in A.

this is the riff ive just written...

|----------------------------------------------------------|
|--------7-----9-----5---------------7-----5--------------|
|----7------------------7---------7------------7---5------|
|-5----------------------------5--------------------------|

whadda you think? im still working on the chord based riff that follows this, but its major barre chords in the same key (A) at the moment.

kiteman
August 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
been working on bits for a couple of new songs recently, the one i need opinions on now is all in A.

this is the riff ive just written...

|---------------4------------------------------------------|
|--------7-----------5---------------7-----5--------------|
|----7------------------7---------7------------7---5------|
|-5----------------------------5--------------------------|

whadda you think? im still working on the chord based riff that follows this, but its major barre chords in the same key (A) at the moment.

I'd probably play it that way. The 4-5-7 is a minor triad. :)

ibanezjunkie
August 27th, 2009, 05:30 AM
ill stick with the first idea i had, because now ive written the rest of the sound around it took 3 days in total of pretty much non stop work :rotflmao:

anyway, that minor triad idea is going in my next solo or next work, whichever comes first.

kiteman
August 27th, 2009, 05:48 AM
It's still the same as you wrote it, I just moved the note a string over but still a same note.

ibanezjunkie
August 27th, 2009, 05:57 AM
ahh sorry read the tab wrong :rotflmao:

hmm, it could work, because its been annoying me that i have to slide to reach the ninth fret and it makes it sound a little dodgy.

thanks for the assistance,

deeaa
August 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM
How long do you guys usually spend on composing a song usually? Seems like an awful lot of thinking about one song/part to me...I just make 'em up and play 'em, that's it :-) hell I could hardly come up any new material if I had to allocate more than mere minutes to composing a single song :-) maybe it shows in their quality, though, LOL...