PDA

View Full Version : Seasoned Ebayers out there?

deeaa
August 26th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hello,

I haven't much used Ebay, but now I ordered some gear on Ebay.
I paid via PayPal complete with shipping and got a receipt and all, and Ebay lists it sold to me and paid etc.

So...when will there be...or will there be....any information on shipping status etc available?

It just seems after a few days that there is no further info on it, just that it's paid for and that's it...no idea when it will ship or arrive or how.

Since it's a power seller selling I suppose they don't as a rule just send out details, but usually when I've bought stuff from the U.S. there's been plenty of emails on the status, links to UPS tracking etc. so this no contact/info whatsoever seems strange.

Is it normal on Ebay that you don't get any specifics until the item just arrives?

Also, it's annoying that on the sale page the shipping to Finland was quoted as $14 but when I actually paid it it jumped to $26 without any explanation or options. Annoying that they quote wrong costs until the very payment when you've already had to confirm the purchase based on what you *thought* will be the shipping costs...

I dunno. Seems like the whole Ebay thing is just a big scam right now...bad way to make business, cheating on purchase costs info and no info on the status after you pay.

MichaelE
August 26th, 2009, 05:19 AM
If the guy moves a large volume, he may not have time to drop every winner a note. Check how many current auctions he is running.

I've had it happen before but I've never been ripped off by a seller. Most always I received an automated reply at least acknowledging my payment, and sometimes a tracking number as well.

He also has to accept the payment through paypal unless that has somehow been automated.

deeaa
August 26th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Okay...I guess I'll give it a week or so and then give 'im a holler if nuthin' seems to be happening :-)

sumitomo
August 26th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I don't know I've been burnt 2 out of 6 times.I dont like it Pay pal says they will cover it but it might take a year or two.I dont think I'll buy off e-bay or if I do it will be with an e-bay store or a power seller the other numb nut's have blown it for me.Sumi::confused:

Spudman
August 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I buy stuff all the time and don't get tracking numbers and everything shows up just fine. If you are getting something from the US or another country other than your own it might take some time because of Customs and longer shipping times. Just be patient. If you haven't seen your order in 21 days then take action.

I once sent an Elvis magazine to Bahrain and it took 2 plus months to arrive.

sumitomo
August 26th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Your lucky I even had the guy e-mail me sent it bla bla,So I asked him how he was sending it and kept asking but no answer.Sumi :D pisses me off!!!!!!!

hubberjub
August 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I've only had two bad experiences buying from Ebay. It was the seller's error in both cases. Though no one likes to pay the fees, I feel pretty secure using Paypal.

sumitomo
August 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Funny you posted this today,I just got an e-mail from the resolution center finding in my favor.Now where's that Vood at is he still got that pedal sale going?Sumi:D

marnold
August 26th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I once sent an Elvis magazine to Bahrain and it took 2 plus months to arrive.
That sounds like there should be a punch line coming up :)

deeaa
August 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Ah! No worries now; got an email that it has shipped. Should be here pretty soon then. Usually takes 2-4 days from the U.S. for the mail to arrive, but in case it goes to customs it will be a problem, as there is no customs close by here...the nearest is almost a hundred miles off.

Thanks all...I guess I will try this ebaying thing some more in the future :-)

Tynee
August 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Okay...I guess I'll give it a week or so and then give 'im a holler if nuthin' seems to be happening :-)

This was as sensible approach and seems to have worked out well for you. I buy on eBay quite a bit, and sell some as well. Shipping overseas can take longer, but getting it int he post and notifying me that it went out shouldn't, IMHO. I give'em a week just like you did, then I start politely asking questions.