PDA

View Full Version : The Silversun Pickups

msteeln
August 27th, 2009, 02:32 PM
www.myspace.com/silversunpickups
A mix of Smashing Pumpkins and Sonic Youth, I get the feeling they won't be found in small clubs for long, and I get to see them in a week!
Not a lot of diversity in their sound, but it's a good sound.

aeolian
August 27th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Silversun Pickups has not been in small clubs for a while. They've been on Letterman and shows like that.

This is one of my favorite new songs from the group:

AG8fugqFn9Q

Algonquin
August 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
This one got a lot of airplay on the radio in my neck of the woods... good tune!
twL3ms4bjZk

msteeln
August 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Silversun Pickups has not been in small clubs for a while.I guess Honolulu better appreciate what we'll be getting shortly! I'm not sure they have much/any rep here yet. But they're charging $30 for the show, so somebody thinks they can draw.

Disraeli
August 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I remember seeing wolfmother about 3 years ago, and silversun pickups were opening for them. This was the first tour they did for the Carnavas album, so I had never heard of them before. We almost opted to show up late to just see wolfmother, but I'm really glad we decided to go early. They did amazing, you should have a good time, they put on a great show.

bedroom rocker
August 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM
excellent band, they inspired me to play differently after hearing lazy eye, and their latest albums not too bad either :AOK:

Suhnton
August 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I really like some of the fuzzed out guitar tones they get.

msteeln
August 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I remember seeing wolfmother about 3 years ago...That's another 'new' band I'm interested in. That musta been one fine show!

Disraeli
August 31st, 2009, 12:53 AM
That's another 'new' band I'm interested in. That musta been one fine show!

Ya, it was probably one of the best shows I have ever been to. Wolfmother was amazing, alot of jamming and did a few zeppelin covers. I kind of forgot about them over the years. And just recently read on their facebook that they broke up. Which kind of suprised me, but appearantly the lead singer is now with a full backing band instead of just a tro. Which kind of disappoints me, cause I am a sucker for trio's. From what I have heard, their new stuff is pretty good.